Information. The Catch Group is comprised of Catch Group Holdings Ltd and its subsidiaries,
including the companies that operate Catch.com.au, Catch Connect and Catch Essentials.
- We respect your privacy and are committed to protecting your personal information. Our privacy
policy outlines our approach to privacy and how we collect, use and protect your personal
information. It also sets out your rights in relation to accessing the personal information we
collect and hold about you. We are bound by Australian privacy legislation which includes the
Australian Privacy Principles (or APP's) in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
- Personal information is defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and means information or an opinion
about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable.
- Our websites may contain links to third party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy
website you visit.
Collection of Personal Information and other Information
We collect personal information for the primary purpose of conducting our business as an online
retailer, trader and service provider (including as a marketplace for third party sellers to list
and sell goods) including to:
- sell, deliver, administer, improve the products and services on our platform;
- personalise your experience on our platform and with our services;
- process payments;
- deal with feedback or complaints about the goods and service sold or available on our
platform and provide remedies where required;
- undertake data analytics (including data matching with related companies in the Wesfarmers Group
being Wesfarmers Limited and its subsidiary companies which includes but is not limited to
Kmart, Target, Officeworks, Wesfarmers A Plus Pty Ltd (OnePass) and Bunnings (Related Companies))
to enable us to better understand our customers' requirements and preferences,
conduct product and market research, personalise and improve our platform, services, websites and apps
and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to customers;
- communicate with you and to operate the customer service centre;
- undertake and administer promotions, competitions, marketing activities, direct marketing,
database compilation and analytics, analysis of trends and demographics and other marketing
or promotional activities;
- manage our stores, supply arrangements and inventory and administer our platform;
- recruit and assess future employees; and
- maintain and update our records.
The personal information we collect from you will include information you give us when you:
- register or subscribe to our platform or one of our newsletters;
- complete a transaction with us; and
- contact us.
- In addition, we may collect personal information you disclose to third parties who are affiliated
with us or otherwise provide services to us. This includes our Related Companies, third parties who
provide services to us such as Flybuys, Catch Connect or other Catch Essentials products or
services, or other third party services. These third parties will collect and store your personal
information in accordance with their own privacy policies and procedures, which they will make known
to you. We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the individual is made aware of the matters
- The personal information that we collect may include, but is not limited to:
- your name;
- your contact details including your email, home/delivery address and billing address;
- your payment details
- member number for loyalty schemes or other related membership/subscription programs
(including Flybuys and OnePass member number) and team member discount card number; and
- other information that we collect in the course of transactions or interactions on our
platform or with our Related Companies.
- We only collect sensitive information in circumstances where you consent to the collection of this
information, or it is reasonably necessary for, or directly related to the purpose outlined above.
- We may collect personal information from individuals who are not customers of our business but whose
personal information is given to us by those individuals via our website (including Help Centre) or in the course of a
- Where reasonably practicable, we attempt to collect personal information directly from the
individuals themselves, or from our Related Companies.
- When we collect information, we will generally explain to the individual why we are collecting it,
who we give it to and how we will use or disclose it or, alternatively, those matters will be
obvious from the circumstances.
- We will collect personal information from you by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably
- When you visit our platform, we, and/or third parties, may place cookies, tags and pixels on your
browser to enhance and manage our platform and improve our business and the services we provide to
- We and/or Google may use this information to optimise and place advertisements, including
advertisements of third party vendors and remarketing advertisements based on past visits to this
platform, on our own and third party websites. Google's ability to use and share information
- We and our Related Companies may combine this information with similar information from Related
Company websites to undertake data analytics and matching, to personalise websites and (where you
have consented to receiving offers or direct marketing) to offer products or provide services to you
or send direct marketing to you.
In addition to personal information, we may collect other information about you or the device you
use to access our platforms. By using our platform and agreeing to this policy, you grant us
permission to place and store pixels, tags and cookies on your browser which may be used by us to
collect information about how you use our platforms and websites you visit, including the following
- your device's operating system;
- your browser type and capabilities;
- your device's Internet Protocol (IP) address and geolocation;
your browsing behaviour on our platforms including but not limited to:
- products you have viewed, added to cart and/or purchased;
- your searches and search history;
- pages you have visited, including how you were referred to each page; and
- page usage statistics, including the time spent on each page;
- In addition, third parties may place and read cookies on your browser or use web beacons or similar
technologies to collect information, including, where applicable, for the Google Trusted Stores
program or other third party affiliate marketing or aggregation services.
- Cookies can be managed by accessing the individual settings in your browser.
Using and Disclosing Your Personal Information
- We will generally use or disclose your personal information for the primary purpose for which it was
collected, or for a related secondary purpose where you would reasonably expect us to use or
disclose the personal information for that secondary purpose. We may otherwise use and disclose your
or disclosure or it is required or authorised by law.
- Generally, we use and disclose your personal information for the purpose of providing you with the
goods or services that you have requested, or otherwise to enable us to carry out our business as an
online retailer of goods and services, trader and service provider (including as a marketplace for
third party sellers to list and sell goods).
- As marketplace platform, we will, where necessary share your information with third party Sellers
who transact using our platform. These Sellers may in turn share your information with parties who
provide services to them (such as courier or delivery services providers) in order to provide goods
and services to you.
- We may generally disclose your information to third parties in order for them to provide or market
services to you, such as our commercial partners for Catch Essentials or loyalty and reward program
partners, Flybuys. We will not sell your personal information to third parties, and (unless
connected with clauses 3.9 and 3.10 below) any third party we disclose information to will be for a
purpose connected with your experience or the products or services provided on our platform or our
business as an online retailer of goods and services, trader and service provider (including as a
marketplace for third party sellers to list and sell goods).
- If those purposes for which we have collected the information involve providing personal information
about an individual to any third party, we will take appropriate and reasonable steps to ensure any
personal information is protected.
- We will generally only use personal information for marketing if you have given express or implied
consent or it is impracticable to seek consent before this use.
- When registering with us, you consent to us using your personal information (such as your email
address or phone number, your purchase history with us, your browsing history on our platform, and
information collected about you from Related Companies) for direct marketing purposes. This includes
sending you deal emails or SMS notifications about our products and services, and personalising the
appearance of the platform for you based on the personal information we collect about you. You may
opt out of receiving these direct marketing communications at any time and you can manage your
subscription preferences in your account.
- When opting into 'Notify Me' emails, you consent to us sending you a notification email once a
product on your Wishlist is back in stock. You may opt out of receiving these notification emails at
any time and you can manage your notification preferences in the Wishlist section of your account.
- We may disclose your information to (a) other members of the Catch Group; and (b) our Related
Companies, each of whom may use that information to undertake data analytics and matching to enable
them to better understand your requirements and preferences, and (if you interact with that
business) to personalise and improve their offer to you and to offer products or providing services
to you or send direct marketing to you (where you have consented to receiving direct marketing).
- In addition, Catch and our Related Companies disclose personal information to, and collect personal
information from, each other to understand how you interact with them and what products and services
you like, which allows Catch and Related Companies to better understand your preferences and
requirements, conduct product and market research, personalise and improve services, websites and
apps and to provide offers that are of greater interest or benefit to you.
- We may also provide your information to third parties that provide services to us, including third
parties that provide our payment gateway, marketing, loyalty and reward program, logistics, customer
service and technology support services. This may include providing your information to third
parties that are located outside of Australia. Where your personal information is transferred
outside Australia (including the USA, UK, Hong Kong, the Philippines, Israel, Austria and other
member states of the EU). Where we do so, we ensure that these parties treat your information with
strict confidentiality and have appropriate data protection arrangements.
- You agree and acknowledge that in the event we merge, sell or otherwise change control of our
company, our business or the website to a third-party, you consent, without giving of prior notice,
to our disclosure of your personal information and other data that we have collected from you to a
third party or parties as part of such a transaction.
Our relationship with OnePass
- As a “Participating Brand” in OnePass we may collect from OnePass and other Participating Brands
(and share and combine personal information with OnePass and other Participating Brands) the personal
of OnePass members (including contact details, historical and future transaction information, historical and
future interactions with OnePass and other Participating Brands and insights from interactions with OnePass
and other Participating Brands):
- to allow us to engage with them and provide more personalised and targeted advertising when they use our
website/apps, social media and other platforms;
- to allow us to personalise the communications, marketing offers, customer surveys and trading updates
that we send;
- to enable us to improve product offerings, service offerings, advertising and offers based on member
shopping and browsing habits;
- to develop insights about the preferences of OnePass members;
- for data analytics including for insights and strategic and operational decision making;
- for product safety-related matters (including recalls);
- for other purposes where you have provided consent to OnePass or us, or which are otherwise permitted by
- We may combine the personal information received from OnePass with other personal information we collect
from or about you.
That combined information may be shared with OnePass and its Participating Brands in accordance with our
We may retain personal information about our customers after they cease to be a OnePass member
(or after we have ceased to be a OnePass Participating Brand) for the uses set out in this
Security of Your Personal Information
- We take steps to protect the personal information we hold against loss, unauthorised access, use,
modification or disclosure and against other misuse. When no longer required, personal information
is destroyed in a secure manner or deleted.
- To request to have your personal information deleted from Catch, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Access to Your Personal Information and Complaints Procedure
- Under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), you have certain rights to access the personal information we
collect and hold about you.
- Information we hold about you can be accessed by logging into your account on the platform and
checking the information in the My Account page. You should ensure the information, such as delivery
address and email, is up to date and accurate. You can find more information about the information
held in your account here.
- You may make a request to receive any additional information we may hold about you, and we will
provide this information to you within a reasonable time. When requesting such access please
identify the precise type/s of information requested. You may make a request by contacting our Help Centre.
- We take steps reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the personal information that we
collect, use and disclose is accurate, up to date and complete. Where an individual requests to
correct information, we will take reasonable steps to correct the information, having regard to the
purpose for which it is held. You may lodge a request to correct personal information in the manner
outlined in clause 6.3 above.
- To make a complaint about a breach of the Australian Privacy Principles, which includes how we
handle your personal information, you may contact our Help Centre. We will
endeavour to respond to your complaint within a reasonable time after it is received. If you are not
satisfied by our response, you may acquire further information regarding privacy from the Office of the Australian Information
Privacy Collection Statement
The personal information that we collect from you will include information you provide us when you
- Use our platform;
- register or subscribe to our platform;
- complete a transaction with us; and
- contact us.
We may further collect personal information of individuals:
- from our related companies in the Wesfarmers Group being Wesfarmers Limited and its subsidiary companies which
but is not limited to Kmart, Target, Officeworks, Wesfarmers A Plus Pty Ltd (OnePass), and Bunnings (Related
- who are not customers of our business but whose personal information is given to us by those individuals via our
website, including through customer service interactions, or in the course of a transaction.
All personal information will be collected by lawful and fair means and not in an unreasonably intrusive way.
We will use your personal information for the purpose of conducting our business as an online retailer, trader and
service provider (including as a marketplace for third party sellers to list and sell goods) including personalising
your experience on our platform and with our services, undertaking data analytics (including with our Related
Companies) to enable us to better understand your requirements and preferences, and to provide offers that are of
greater interest or benefit to you, undertake and administer promotions, competitions, marketing activities and
direct marketing. For more information on why and how we collect your personal information, please view our Privacy
We also generally share your personal information:
- with our sister sites and Related Companies;
- as required or authorised by law;
- with third parties that provide services to us, or products or services directly or indirectly to you, as part
of the use and functionality of our platform, including marketplace sellers you transact with, and third parties
that provide our payment gateway, marketing, logistics and technology support services; and
- otherwise in accordance with our Terms and Conditions of Use and Sale and our Privacy
This may include providing your information to third parties that are located outside of Australia, including the
USA, UK, Hong Kong, the Philippines and the EU. Where we do so, we ensure that these parties treat your information
with strict confidentiality and have appropriate data protection arrangements.
In cases where personal information has been disclosed to any third party, we will take appropriate steps to ensure
your personal information is protected.
- access your personal information held by Catch and change that information, and
- complain about a breach of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and how Catch will deal with such a complaint.
be available online at https://www.catch.com.au/privacy
Catch.com.au Pty Ltd (ABN 22 149 779 939)
Privacy Collection Statement last updated in May 2022