In 1996, on the remains of the old Penola cricket ground, Jim Barry planted a Cabernet Sauvignon vineyard. Twenty years later and this same vineyard is producing extraordinary wines which are lovingly bottled under the 'Cover Drive' label - a testament to the vineyard's cricketing origins. These 12 bottles are bound to bowl you over with their berry flavours and herbaceous aroma.
- Producer: Jim Barry Wines
- Region: Coonawarra
- Varietal: Cabernet Sauvignon
- Brand: Jim Barry
- Label Name: The Cover Drive
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle size: 750mL
- Alcohol content: 14%
- Bottles: 12
- Closure: Screw cap
- Appearance: Shows a brooding dark red colour in the glass.
- Aroma: Aromatic blackberry and blue fruits with refined hints of bay leaves and mint.
- Palate: A great line of acidity drives through the wine supporting talcy ripe tannins. Flavours of blackberry and mulberry shine from the medium bodied composition. The wine displays harmonious balance and can be enjoyed now or will reward cellaring for 5 years.
- Food Matches: Slow cooked leg of lamb with anchovy butter sauce and jus.
- Awards/Rating: 5 star winery - James Halliday
Please note: This item can only be shipped to a postal address, NOT a P.O box. Please ensure your address details, complete with contact number, are updated in your account.