Produced in Wrattonbully on the Limestone Coast, this vineyard was given its name in honour of the legendary Australian geologist and iconic Antarctic explorer, Sir Douglas Mawson. The ocean-side region is rich with minerals giving the grapes grown there unique and delicate characteristics. These Mawson's wines are a delicious showcase of what the Limestone Coast has to offer.
- Producer: Mawsons Wines
- Region: Limestone Coast
- Varietal: Sauvignon Blanc
- Brand: Mawsons
- Label Name: Cape Denison
- Vintage: 2015
- Bottle size: 750mL
- Alcohol content: 11.5%
- Bottles: 12
- Closure: Screw cap
- Appearance: Pale lemon in colour with a green tinge.
- Aroma: Opens with pungent aromas of citrus, passionfruit and upon further exploration, nuances of fresh grass and sugar snap pea unfold. There is an underlying ripple of funk, a signature of the wild fermentation.
- Palate: The first mouthful of the Sauvignon Blanc greets you with upfront fruit citrus sweetness and freshness along with the textural experience of grapefruit pith. The mid palate explodes with sherbet bomb like intensity, which leaves a refreshing and mouth puckering, yet enjoyable acid zing. The finish is long and linear, yet this is a very moreish and friendly Sauvignon Blanc.
- Food Matches: Try with spring Panzanella (Tuscan bread salad) with asparagus.
Please note: This item can only be shipped to a postal address, NOT a P.O box. Please ensure your address details, complete with contact number, are updated in your account.