Vasse Felix is synonymous with exceptional Margaret River wines. All their fruit is grown, fermented, matured and bottled in the Vasse Felix Estate creating vintages of the highest standard. The Filius range are made by taking the most opulent fruit from all the Vasse Felix vineyards and crafting them to perfection. A truly remarkable wine at an even more remarkable price.
- Producer: Vasse Felix
- Region: Margaret River
- Varietal: Cabernet Merlot
- Brand: Filius
- Label Name: Filius Cabernet Merlot
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle size: 750mL
- Alcohol content: 14.5%
- Bottles: 12
- Closure: Screw cap
- Appearance: Bright deep maroon with purple tinges.
- Aroma: Elevated bright perfumes of pomegranate, cassis and a cranberry jelly with rustic earthy tones of native Australian forest and red dust. The enticing complexity shows with a touch of tomato leaf, cumin and steamed cedar wood.
- Palate: A lovely vibrant entrance with fresh juicy fruit, bright acidity, fine tight and dry tannins and floral and cranberry nuances. A long, direct palate flows, finishing with savoury notes of sage and dried oregano and some raspberry jelly sweetness.
- Food Matches: Rare beef with a garlic butter jus.
- Awards/Rating: 5 star winery - James Halliday
Please note: This item can only be shipped to a postal address, NOT a P.O box. Please ensure your address details, complete with contact number, are updated in your account.