Founded in 1970 by three Sydney-based solicitors, Brokenwood Wines now boasts a range of award winning and delicious wines. These bottles of Cricket Pitch Cabernet Merlot Shiraz are a throw back to the original purpose of Brokenwood's land - a community cricket oval! An easily drinkable red with light tannins and rich fruit flavours.
- Producer: Brokenwood
- Region: SE Australia
- Varietal: Cabernet Merlot Shiraz
- Brand: Brokenwood
- Label Name: Cricket Pitch
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle size: 750mL
- Alcohol content: 13.5%
- Bottles: 6
- Closure: Screw cap
- Appearance: Medium density colour and youthful tints.
- Aroma: Predominantly Cabernet Sauvignon giving red fruit and earthy tobacco notes.
- Palate: Generous palate flavours and ripe fine tannins. This wine is all about the fruit, although some oak vanillin and tannin in the background. A modern style of Cricket Pitch Red with bright red fruit characters, low tannins and an easy drinkability.
- Food Matches: Rich seafood, pasta and light meat dishes.
- Awards/Rating: 5 star winery - James Halliday
Please note: This item can only be shipped to a postal address, NOT a P.O box. Please ensure your address details, complete with contact number, are updated in your account.