Get notified when new sales are live
Subscribe to our notifications so you don’t miss out on our new sales!
Wirra Wirra has a long and colourful history of eccentric cricket playing founders, giant monuments made of cork and trebuchets launching watermelons into neighbouring fields! The winery itself was reborn in 1969 after its original founding in 1894 and the shenanigans continue. Regardless, this vineyard produces a diverse range of excellent wines lovingly crafted to create a deliciously high quality drop.
- Producer: Wirra Wirra
- Region: McLaren Vale
- Varietal: Cabernet Shiraz Merlot
- Brand: Wirra Wirra
- Label Name: Church Block
- Vintage: 2014
- Bottle size: 750mL
- Alcohol content: 14.5%
- Bottles: 6
- Closure: Screw cap
- Appearance: Deep plum with vivid red hues.
- Aroma: Fragrant cassis and dark plum with a cabernet leafy note. The dark fruits are complexed with chocolate, tobacco and cedar notes.
- Palate: Rich red and black fruits fill the mouth. Raspberry, red currant and plum fruits are balanced with fine sandy tannins and cedar oak. This medium to full bodied wine shows a lovely balance and style in true Church Block character.
- Food Matches: Beef, mushroom and red wine pie
- Awards/Rating: 5 star winery - James Halliday
Please note: This item can only be shipped to a postal address, NOT a P.O box. Please ensure your address details, complete with contact number, are updated in your account.