Accounting : 9th Edition
Publication Date: 20 October 2020
The 9th Edition of our highly regarded accounting product is here!
Accounting continues to provide a classic, solid foundation, while also including a modern and fresh teaching approach that helps students understand the complexities of accounting.
The text is renowned for a clear, straightforward approach to the study of accounting for majors' students.
The new edition has updated content including a focus on ethical issues facing the accounting profession, as well as discussing topical issues such as big corporation data, highlighted in boxes in various chapters.
The new edition also offers updates to standards to ensure content is reflective of current contemporary accounting practises, as well as a focus on the skills for employability.
- Chapter 1 discussion of ethics - The text develops student awareness of the ethical issues facing the accounting profession. Chapter 1 includes a discussion of ethics in business and the accounting profession today. The end-of chapter Focus on Ethics provides students with the opportunity for in-depth discussion and analysis
- Big data incorporated - Topical issues like big data have been incorporated and are highlighted in boxes in various chapters. Chapter 7 has been thoroughly updated to reflect the contemporary use of accounting software systems and Chapter 8 is updated to reflect increased electronic cash transactions.
- 'Try it' feature boxes - This feature allows students opportunities to critically engage with concepts.
- Content is updated to incorporate the new conceptual framework (Conceptual Framework for Financial Reporting) issued by the Australian Accounting Standards Board in May 2019.
- Focus on 'Skills for employability'.
- Learning the technical s...