Aircast Podalib AFO offers a dynamic and functional approach to address muscular weakness and/or foot-lifting muscle deficit, resulting in drop foot. Benefits are immediate, allowing patients to regain a more supple and spontaneous walking pattern, gaining in mobility and greater confidence.
FEATURES & BENEFITS.
- Supple textile structure (no hard components) promotes natural ambulation.
- No hindering of movement, unlike rigid AFO’s.
- Allow a natural and spontaneous walking pattern.
- Compatible with most shoes.
- Can be worn barefoot and also while swimming.
- Allows full range of activity.
- Elastic strap adjusts tension and foot flexion angle as desired.
- Breathable honeycomb fabric.
- Adjustable ankle cuff.
- Posterior foam pad for added Achilles Tendon protection.
- Lightweight and low profile.
- One hand application and adjustment.
- Can be universally worn on the right or left foot.
- Unlike traditional rigid Hallux valgus night splints, this patented splint system can be worn during the day in a shoe under load (while walking).
- Shortens post-operative rehab time.
- BLACK won’t show dirt as quickly as a lighter coloured supports.
- Completely washable & hygienic.
- Neurological weakness or paralysis of the foot lifting muscles, resulting in drop foot.
- Helps compensate peroneal muscles deficit.
- Helps keep foot at 90 degree angle.
- Helps prevent lateral imbalance, without movement restriction.
- Helps improve ambulation.