AirGlass™ EdgeColor ;
Anti-Shock Premium Tempered Glass for iPhone Xs Max
- 9x more stronger than ordinary screen protectors for extra durability
- Made from ultra clear material for advanced display quality
- Optimally thin design provides glass-like feeling for a delicate touch experience
- At only 0.20mm, protects without adding bulk
- Can be used together with a protective case
You may have heard about tempered glass before, seen it as an advertised feature in gadget specifications or in the form of screen protectors for mobile devices. But what is tempered glass exactly? What makes it different from standard glass or plastic screen protectors? ;
The main difference between standard glass and tempered glass – is in the way they are made. Tempered glass is created by heating and then quickly cooling the material – and thus comes with a different structure.
So what does this mean for you, the consumer?
One of the main characteristics of tempered glass is that it breaks differently from standard glass. Whereas normally, glass would break into big uneven pieces, tempered glass shatters into small even pieces. This gets rid of the danger of sharp edges and makes it a much safer option should something happen – for this reason, tempered glass is often referred to as “safety glass”.
What does tempered glass mean for your phone?
Tempered glass protectors are common accessories for mobile devices and in their look are quite similar to plastic covers. However, there are quite a few substantial differences:
- Thanks to the aforementioned heat resistance, tempered glass will bring down the chances of your phone being damaged by higher temperatures.
- Tempered glass is not easily scratched or damaged, compared to standard glass and plastic phone covers
- Tempered glass is five times thicker than plastic screen protectors and thus provides better shock protection
- Tempered glass protectors tend to be smoother and clearer and thus are closer to the look and feel of your original phone’s screen
- Because of the above-mentioned advantages, tempered glass protectors will come with a higher price tag
Is it all worth it?
Thanks to its heat, shock and scratch resistance, a tempered glass screen protector is a reliable way to keep your phone’s screen safe. If you have dropped your phone before and have had your screen damaged, you may remember the unpleasantness and a hefty price tag that come attached to the situation. If you are a fan of bigger screen devices, you may consider investing a few extra bucks in some extra protection.