An Introduction to the Concepts of Music : An Introduction to the Concepts of Music
Publication Date: 14 October 2008
This exciting senior secondary Music text is an indispensable resource for Music teachers and Music students. The text introduces the concepts of music (texture, duration, pitch, tone, colour, structure and dynamics and expressive techniques), shows how they can be applied to the study of any topic and prepares students for the all-important compulsory aural skills examination. In a fun and easy-to-follow format, An Introduction to the Concepts of Music provides students with the expertise to successfully study any of the topics and prepare them for all areas of evaluation.
- Specifically written to address the NSW HSC Music 1 syllabus, the contents offer prerequisite foundation material valuable to Music students nationwide
- Clear and constructive approach
- Tables that allow for simple and direct learning
- Effortless recall techniques to help students remember all aspects of the concepts
- Accompanying CD including a broad range of original listening examples in contrasting genres
- Musicology worksheets to assist in analysing any piece in any style
- Practical and Composition skill applications
- Aural skills preparation, including sample aural answers
- Succinct definitions and glossary of terms
About the Author
Nick Peterson is the bestselling author of An Introduction to the Concepts of Music text and multimedia resource. He is also a well renowned musician and composer, music educator at all levels for over 30 years and a regular presenter at music teachers associations for professional development.