ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboards provide the solid foundation needed for your first build, plus flexibility to grow with your ambitions. We've melded all the good stuff that's packed into the latest processors with essential ASUS design and engineering, so you benefit from industry-leading technologies - including automated system tuning, comprehensive cooling controls, and immersive onboard audio. When you build with an ASUS Prime 300 Series motherboard, you build smart, easy and affordably. Improved DDR4 stability ASUS OptiMem preserves memory signal integrity by routing traces and vias to the optimal PCB layer, and our T-Topology trace layout ensures time-aligned signaling by balancing trace lengths between memory slots. These enhancements allow the Prime 300 Series to support a wide range of dual and quad-DIMM memory kits, while providing your rig with the stability it needs to deal with any type of workload - whether you're gaming or running intensive applications
All-round energy efficiency With the Energy Processing Unit (EPU) you'll enjoy system-wide power savings. The EPU automatically optimizes power consumption and maximizes savings with away mode - a smart setting that creates an extreme energy-saving scenario by shutting down unused I/O controllers.
Flexible cooling controls Prime 300 series motherboards offer comprehensive control over system fans, via the included fan expert software. Auto-tuning mode intelligently configures all parameters witha single click.
Cooler by design Prime 300 Series features the most comprehensive cooling controls ever, configurable via ASUS Fan Xpert software or the UEFI BIOS.
Media-acclaimed UEFI BIOS The UEFI BIOS is an early waypoint on any PC-building journey, and Prime 300 Series has one of the best in the business.
Q-Fan Control Can configure the fan's operating speed manually, or use the easy pre-configured fan profiles to select Standard, Silent, Turbo or Full Speed modes, plus automatic switch to full speed if the temperature hits 75°C. USB 3.1 Gen 1 front-panel connector Future-proof connectivity USB 3.1 Gen 1 is right where you need it, with two super-speed headers for the front panel. Experience data-transfer speeds up to 10X faster than USB 2.0 with instant plug-and-play connectivity, and avoid back-breaking contortions in the hunt for hard-to-reach rear ports.
M.2 Speed up with onboard M.2 With x4 PCI ExpressÂ® 3.0/2.0 bandwidth, M.2 supports up to 32Gbps data-transfer speeds. It's the perfect choice for an operating system or application drive, providing fast access to data.
Intel Optane memory Intel Optane memory ready Intel Optaneâ¢ is a revolutionary non-volatile memory technology supported by Prime 300 Series motherboards. Intel Optane memory modules accelerate attached storage to reduce boot and load times, so everything feels faster and more responsive. SafeSlot Protect your graphics card investment SafeSlot is the PCIe slot reinvented by ASUS and engineered to provide superior retention and shearing resistance. Manufactured in a single step using a new insert-molding process, SafeSlot integrates the slot with fortifying metal for an inherently stronger slot, which is then firmly anchored to the PCB through additional solder points.
Built to Last ASUS is the world's leading motherboard brand. Our motherboards are extensively tested for compatibility with more than 1,000 components and devices, and each new model undergoes a minimum of 8,000 hours of strict validation - offering the peace of mind of knowing that your ASUS motherboard is fit for all environments and applications. Choosing ASUS is an assurance of trouble-free DIY experiences.
Prime 300 Series motherboards are engineered with industry-leading 5X Protection III, employing the finest components, excellent circuit design and exacting standards to guarantee the quality and long-term durability of your investment. That means exceptional protection and stability for your build - thanks to decades of engineering experience from the world's leading motherboard brand. 1000+ Compatible devices and components The superior compatibility of Prime 300 Series is evidenced by our extensive list of supported devices - which includes thousands of compatible components - and our Qualified Vendor List (QVL) that identifies memory compatibility. It all adds up to more choices for worry-free PC-building experiences. 8000+ VALIDATION HOURS ASUS motherboards offer superb endurance. We verify this by subjecting every board to more than 8,000 hours of stringent tests. A barrage of burn-in, environmental, compatibility, software and safety tests confirm that our motherboards are exceptionally robust. It also shows that ASUS reliability surpasses industry standards, ensuring that every component is designed to function flawlessly in any environment. Outstanding audio Combined onboard features deliver elevated audio Intelligent design and premium hardware create audio quality unlike anything you've ever experienced! Audio shielding Separates analog/digital signal domains, significantly reducing multi-lateral interference. Separate layer for left and right tracks Ensures minimal crosstalk between audio paths. Premium Japanese audio capacitors Premium parts provide an immersive sound signature, with exceptional fidelity. Aura Sync Outshine the competition A well-tuned enthusiast system deserves a matching aesthetic. ASUS Aura Sync offers full lighting connected via the motherboard's RGB header, with a variety of functional presets for external LED strips. And it can all be synced with an ever-growing portfolio of Aura-capable ASUS hardware.
Brighten Up Your Build LED-illuminated control for trace paths Built-in LED lighting options illuminate your build in a variety of eye-catching styles. Beyond VR ready Complete your immersion Prime 300 series isn't just VR ready - it goes way beyond. The ASUS Beyond VR Ready marque means that Prime 300 series has been tested with loads of class-leading components to ensure that your productivity, gaming and entertainment needs are tuned for maximum performance. ASUS Beyond VR Ready opens up a new way to configure and build your dream system with total confidence.
CPU IntelÂ® Socket 1151 for 9th / 8th Generation Coreâ¢ i7/Coreâ¢ i5/Coreâ¢ i3/PentiumÂ®/CeleronÂ® Processors Supports IntelÂ® 14 nm CPU Supports IntelÂ® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 The IntelÂ® Turbo Boost Technology 2.0 support depends on the CPU types. Refer to asus.com for CPU support list Chipset IntelÂ® B365 Memory IntelÂ® B365 Chipset 4 x DIMM, Max. 64GB, DDR4 2666/2400/2133 MHz Non-ECC, Un-buffered Memory Dual Channel Memory Architecture Supports IntelÂ® Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) Refer to asus.com for the Memory QVL (Qualified Vendors Lists). The maximum memory frequency supported varies by processor DDR4 2666MHz and higher memory modules will run at max. 2666MHz on IntelÂ® 8th Gen. 6-core or higher processors. Graphic Integrated Graphics Processor- IntelÂ® HD Graphics support Multi-VGA output support : HDMI/DVI-D/D-Sub ports
- Supports HDMI 1.4b with max. resolution 4096 x 2160 @ 30 Hz
- Supports DVI with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
- Supports D-sub with max. resolution 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz Maximum shared memory of 1024 MB (for iGPU exclusively) Supports IntelÂ® InTruâ¢ 3D, Quick Sync Video, Clear Video HD Technology, Insiderâ¢ Expansion Slots 1 x PCIe 3.0 x16 (x16 mode) 2 x PCIe 3.0/2.0 x1 Storage IntelÂ® B365 Chipset : 1 x M.2 Socket 3, , with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (SATA & PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode) 1 x M.2 Socket 3, , with M key, type 2242/2260/2280 storage devices support (PCIE 3.0 x 4 mode) 6 x SATA 6Gb/s port(s), gray Support Raid 0, 1, 5, 10 IntelÂ® Rapid Storage Technology supports IntelÂ® Optaneâ¢ Memory Ready LAN RealtekÂ® RTL8111H, 1 x Gigabit LAN ASUS LAN Guard Audio RealtekÂ® ALC887 8-Channel High Definition Audio CODEC
- Supports : Jack-detection, Front Panel Jack-retasking Audio Feature :
- LED-illuminated design - Brighten up your build with the gorgeous illuminated audio trace path.
- Audio Shielding: Ensures precision analog/digital separation and greatly reduced multi-lateral interference
- Dedicated audio PCB layers: Separate layers for left and right channels to guard the quality of the sensitive audio signals
- Premium Japanese audio capacitors: Provide warm, natural and immersive sound with exceptional clarity and fidelity Choose the chassis with HD audio module in front panel to support 8-channel audio output. USB Ports IntelÂ® B365 Chipset : 7 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 up to 5Gbps port(s) (5 at back panel, , 4 x Type-A+1 x Type-C, 2 at mid-board) IntelÂ® B365 Chipset : 4 x USB 2.0/1.1 port(s) (4 at mid-board) Special Features ASUS 5X Protection III :
- ASUS SafeSlot Core: Fortified PCIe Slot prevents damage
- ASUS LANGuard: Protects against LAN surges, lightning strikes and static-electricity discharges!
- ASUS Overvoltage Protection: World-class circuit-protecting power design
- ASUS Stainless-Steel Back I/O: 3X corrosion-resistance for greater durability!
- ASUS DIGI+ VRM: Premium components provide better power efficiency ASUS OptiMem:
- Optimem (Improved DDR4 stability) ASUS EPU :
- EPU ASUS Exclusive Features :
- AI Suite 3
- Ai Charger
- PC Cleaner ASUS Quiet Thermal Solution :
- Stylish Fanless Design Heat-sink solution
- ASUS Fan Xpert 2+ ASUS EZ DIY :
- ASUS CrashFree BIOS 3
- ASUS EZ Flash 3
- ASUS UEFI BIOS EZ Mode ASUS Q-Design :
- ASUS Q-DIMM M.2 Onboard(The latest transfer technologies with up to 32Gb/s data transfer speeds) Back I/O Ports 1 x PS/2 keyboard (purple) 1 x PS/2 mouse (green) 1 x DVI-D 1 x D-Sub 1 x HDMI 1 x LAN (RJ45) port(s) 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 USB Type-CTM up to 5Gbps 4 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 Type-A 1 x 8-channel Audio I/O Internal I/O Ports 1 x Aura RGB Strip Header 1 x USB 3.1 Gen 1(up to 5Gbps) connector(s) support(s) additional 2 USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (19-pin) 2 x USB 2.0 connector(s) support(s) additional 4 USB 2.0 port(s) 2 x M.2 Socket 3 for M Key, type 2242/2260/2280 devices 1 x TPM header 1 x LPT header 1 x COM port(s) connector(s) 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connector(s) 1 x CPU Fan connector(s) 2 x Chassis Fan connector(s) 1 x S/PDIF out header(s) 1 x 24-pin EATX Power connector(s) 1 x 8-pin EATX 12V Power connectors 1 x Front panel audio connector(s) (AAFP) 1 x Clear CMOS jumper(s) 1 x System panel connector 1 x Chassis intrusion header 1 x Speaker connector Accessories User's manual I/O Shield 2 x SATA 6Gb/s cable(s) 2 x M.2 screws 1 x Supporting DVD BIOS 128Mb Flash ROM, UEFI AMI BIOS, PnP, SM BIOS 3.1, ACPI 6.1, Multi-language BIOS, ASUS EZ Flash 3, CrashFree BIOS 3, F3 My Favorites, Last Modified log, F6 Qfan Control, F12 PrintScreen, and ASUS DRAM SPD (Serial Presence Detect) memory information Manageability WOL by PME, PXE Operating System WindowsÂ® 10 64-bit Form Factor mATX Form Factor 9.6 inch x 8.6 inch ( 24.4 cm x 21.8 cm ) Note When a device in SATA mode is installed on the M.2_1 socket, SATA6G_1 port cannot be used.