The Cisco 250 series is the next generation of affordable smart switches that combine powerful network performance and reliability with the essential network management features you need for a solid business network. These expandable Fast Ethernet or Gigabit Ethernet switches provide basic management, security, and quality-of-service (QoS) features beyond those of an unmanaged or consumer-grade switch, at a lower cost than managed switches. And with an easy-to-use web user interface, Auto Smartports, and flexible Power over Ethernet (PoE) Plus capability, you can deploy and configure a complete business network in minutes.
- Powerful capabilities: Apart from basic management, security, quality-of-service (QoS), these switches now support even more capabilities like Multiple - Spanning Tree (MSTP), Power over Ethernet Plus (PoE+) and PoE pass-through.
- Easy setup and management: Our intuitive browser-based user interface now get even smarter with simple mode and configuration wizard for most common configurations. The switches also come with a USB port for easier file management.
- Performance and reliability: Designed and tested to deliver the high performance and reliability you would expect from Cisco switches, so you can enjoy speedy file transfers and keep vital business applications available.
- Energy efficiency: Rich energy saving features across the portfolio, including energy detect, cable length detection and Energy Efficient Ethernet (EEE) provide an eco-friendly and cost-effective solution without compromising performance.
- Peace of mind: All switches come with a limited lifetime warranty and include one year of technical support and free software fixes for the term of the warranty
Ports Total System Ports 26 Gigabit Ethernet RJ-45 Ports 24 Gigabit Ethernet Combo Ports (RJ-45 + SFP) 2 Gigabit Ethernet combo
USB slot USB slot on the front panel of the switch for easy file and image management
Buttons Reset button
Cabling type Unshielded twisted pair (UTP) Category 5 or better for 10BASE-T/100BASE-TX; UTP Category 5e or better for 1000BASE-T
LEDs System, Link/Act, PoE, Speed
Flash 256 MB
CPU 800 MHz ARM
CPU memory 512 MB
Packet Buffer 12Mb
Performance Switching capacity and forwarding rate, all switches are wire-speed and nonblocking
- Capacity in Millions of Packets per Second (mpps) (64-byte packets) - 38.69
- Switching Capacity in Gigabits per Second (Gbps) - 52.0
- Layer 2 Switching
Spanning Tree Protocol (STP)
- Standard 802.1d spanning tree support
- Fast convergence using 802.1w (Rapid Spanning Tree [RSTP]), enabled by default
- Multiple spanning tree instances using 802.1s (MSTP); 8 instances are supported
Port grouping/link aggregation Support for IEEE 802.3ad Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Up to 4 groups
- Up to 8 ports per group with 16 candidate ports for each (dynamic) 802.3ad LAG
- Support for up to 256 active VLANs simultaneously
- Port-based and 802.1Q tag-based VLANs
- Management VLAN
Voice VLAN Voice traffic is automatically assigned to a voice-specific VLAN and treated with appropriate levels of QoS. Auto voice capabilities deliver networkwide zero-touch deployment of voice endpoints and call control devices.
IGMP (versions 1, 2, and 3) snooping Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) limits bandwidth-intensive multicast traffic to only the requesters; supports 4K multicast groups (source-specific multicasting is also supported).
HOL blocking Head-of-line (HOL) blocking.
SSL Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encrypts all HTTPS traffic, allowing secure access to the browser-based management GUI in the switch.
IEEE 802.1X (authenticator role) RADIUS authentication, MD5 hash, single/multiple host mode, and single/multiple sessions.
Secure Sensitive Data (SSD) A mechanism to manage sensitive data (such as passwords, keys, and so on) securely on the switch, populating this data to other devices, and secure autoconfig. Access to view the sensitive data as plaintext or encrypted is provided according to the user-configured access level and the access method of the user.
Port security Ability to lock source MAC addresses to ports and limit the number of learned MAC addresses.
RADIUS Supports RADIUS authentication for management access. Switch functions as a client.
Storm control Broadcast, multicast, and unknown unicast.
DoS prevention Denial-of-service (DoS) attack prevention.
Priority levels 4 hardware queues
Scheduling Strict priority and weighted round-robin (WRR)
Class of service Port based; 802.1p VLAN priority based; IPv4/v6 IP precedence/ToS/DSCP based; DiffServ; trusted QoS Queue assignment based on differentiated services code point (DSCP) and class of service (802.1p/CoS)
Rate limiting Ingress policer, per VLAN, per port
Web user interface Built-in switch configuration utility for easy browser-based device configuration (HTTP/HTTPS). Supports configuration, system dashboard, system maintenance, and monitoring.
SNMP SNMP versions 1, 2c, and 3 with support for traps, and SNMP v3 User-based Security Model (USM)
Remote Monitoring (RMON) Embedded RMON software agent supports 4 RMON groups (history, statistics, alarms, and events) for enhanced traffic management, monitoring, and analysis
IPv4 and IPv6 dual stack Coexistence of both protocol stacks to ease migration
Firmware upgrade Web browser upgrade (HTTP/HTTPS) and TFTP and SCP
Port mirroring Traffic on a port can be mirrored to another port for analysis with a network analyser or RMON probe. Up to 4 source ports can be mirrored to one destination port.
VLAN mirroring Traffic from a VLAN can be mirrored to a port for analysis with a network analyser or RMON probe. Up to 4 source VLANs can be mirrored to one destination port.
Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) (options 12, 66, 67, 129, and 150) DHCP options facilitate tighter control from a central point (DHCP server), to obtain IP address, auto configuration (with configuration file download), DHCP Relay, and host name.
Auto configuration Enables mass deployment with protection of sensitive data.
Text-editable configs Config files can be edited with a text editor and downloaded to another switch, facilitating easier mass deployment.
Smartports Simplified configuration of QoS and security capabilities.
Auto Smartports Automatically applies the intelligence delivered through the Smartports roles to the port based on the devices discovered over Cisco Discovery Protocol or LLDP-MED. This facilitates zero-touch deployments.
Cloud services Support for Cisco Active Advisor
Localization Localization of GUI and documentation into multiple languages
Login banner Configurable multiple banners for web as well as CLI
Other management Traceroute; single IP management; HTTP/HTTPS; RADIUS; port mirroring; TFTP upgrade; DHCP client; Simple Network Time Protocol (SNTP); cable diagnostics; Ping; syslog; automatic time settings from Management Station.