Construction Law in Australia : 4th Edition
Publication Date: 28 November 2018
Construction Law in Australia is an authoritative and accessible text on the law relating to building and construction in Australia and now appears in its fourth edition.
Ian Bailey SC, working with a team of experienced practitioners, provides succinct, yet accurate, legal statements which explain the legal and practical context in which the industry operates.
Key topics include:
- The Australian legal system
- Understanding the law
- Regulation of construction
- Participants in the industry
- Contract law
- Tort law
- Property law
- Procurement methodologies
- Key issues in construction contracts
- Standard forms
- Professional liability
- NEW - Insuring risk in construction projects
- Dispute avoidance, management and resolution
- Conduct of construction disputes
In addition, the book outlines a wealth of resources to help readers understand the latest developments in each area.
This highly respected title provides a comprehensive overview of the law and is an invaluable resource for students, legal practitioners and construction professionals including engineers, architects and builders.