Pinocchio was the first Disney feature to utilize animator models or "maquettes". This skillfully crafted, hand-painted Jiminy Cricket sculpture originates from a late 1930's maquette in the company's collection.
- "Jiminy Cricket Maquette" from the Walt Disney Archives collection
- Numbered Limited Edition: only 3,500 made; includes matching (hand-numbered) certificate of verification and story card
- Captures Jiminy Cricket as seen in original animator model
- Vintage coloration achieved through hand-matching paint swatches from the Disney paint palette to originals
- Approximate size: 10.5 cm H x 10 cm L x 11.5 cm W
- Packaging: Manufacturers gift box
Walt Disney Archives Collection celebrates the rich history and majestic artistry of the Walt Disney Company, revisiting seldom seen original treasures and transforming them into an inspired collection for you to display and share.
What Is an Animated Maquette (pronounced:ma-'ket)
Three-dimensional character models
Used by animators to study crucial angles, reveal the play of light and shadow and clarify issues of perspective
Maquettes were first used by Disney animators in the late 1930s; they served as important reference to keep the character appearance consistent and to allow the artists to study different angles.
**Caution: This is not a toy or a children's product, it is intended for adults only.
***Please be aware that there may be from time to time some slight colour and finish variation's between the stock pictures used and the actual product in real life as these figures are hand painted. It can also be difficult to capture the true colour of items such as these models and some computer mobile phone and tablet monitors depending on their settings can display colours differently.