Focus Family Law, 7th edition : Focus Family Law, 7th edition
Publication Date: 15 June 2017
Focus: Family Law provides an ideal introduction to family law.
It contains clear explanations and analysis of the law and its underlying policy, as well as a synopsis of the facts of, and excerpts from, the leading judgments in key family law cases. Problem questions at the end of each chapter provide the opportunity to apply the principles to hypothetical scenarios, encouraging discussion of the broader impact of family law.
This seventh edition provides extensive discussion of recent cases and policy, the manner in which the ever-increasing incidence of family violence is being addressed under Australia's family law system, and developments in property matters following the 2012 decision in Stanford and Stanford and in relation to the property of former de facto partners.
Important recent decisions include:
* Bondelmonte v Bondelmonte  HCA 8 (relocation);
* Hall v Hall  HCA 23 (spousal maintenance); and
* several cases revisiting the principles in Kennon  FamCA 27 (effect of family violence in assessing property contributions).
* Clear explanation of core concepts consolidates understanding of fundamental principles and case law
* Pedagogical design that provides a constructivist learning approach
* Problem questions with structured sample answers
* Succinct summaries of key cases
Holmes, LexisNexis Case Summaries: Family Law, 6th ed, 2016 Young, Kenny & Monahan (eds), Children and the Law in Australia, 2nd ed, 2017 Young, Sifris, Carroll & Monahan, Family Law in Australia, 9th ed, 2016