CAUTION: Do not install backwards, charge, put in fire, mix with used or other battery types, or leave in equipment for prolonged periods without use. May explode or leak.
ALKALINE BATTERY CAUTION & USAGE INSTRUCTIONS:
Alkaline batteries have the potential to leak causing damage to devices and surfaces, and may cause injury. To avoid leaks follow the usage instructions below:
Do not install backwards, charge, put in fire. This may cause batteries to leak or explode.
Remove batteries from devices or equipment when the:
device is not expected to be in use for an extended period;
batteries are flat or near flat (ie. your device exhibits signs of diminished power output);
device is being powered by household mains power supply or AC/DC adapter.
Do not mix old and new batteries. This may cause leakage or rupture.
Do not mix different battery types or brands.
Avoid exposure to excessive heat or prolonged periods at above normal room temperatures. Where this is unavoidable, remove batteries from unused devices.
Avoid storing devices on exposed or bare surfaces, such as bench tops or shelves, as leaking batteries may cause surface damage.
Batteries should not generate heat in normal usage. If the battery compartment of your device is warm, immediately cease use and discard of the batteries.
If a battery has leaked (is wet or covered with a white powdery substance), do not expose substances to skin. Use rubber gloves or remove with a rag. Immediately wash any exposed body surfaces and clothing with soap and water. If contact with the eyes occurs, immediately flush the eyes with running water for at least 15 minutes and then seek immediate medical assistance.