Changes to the 2nd Edition.
Here is a run down on what is new in the 2nd edition release:
- Backwards compatibility is completely maintained between editions. You can use 2nd Edition with your original edition core game and vice versa.
- The 2nd Edition core game has a sturdy new telescoping box, while 2nd edition expansions have double width tuckboxes.
- Timing icons in the style of Cthulhu Gloom and Unquiet Dead are incorporated throughout the 2nd Edition
- Rules cards and icon reminder cards are included in each 2nd Edition for easy reference
- The card list and the effect texts of individual cards have been polished for a better play experience. For example complex cards like "Body Theif" and cards with delayed effects have been removed.
- Three Modifiers have been turned into Transformations in Unwelcome Guests 2nd Edition
- Residences and Mysteries have been reworked in the 2nd Edition so that you can no longer end up with unusable cards in your hand.
- All the story icons and few family icons in the 2nd edition have been redrawn by artist Todd Remick.
- Gloom 2nd Edition uses the discard rule from Cthulhu Gloom
- Death cards in the 2nd edition have a central art piece, as Cthulhu Gloom does as well as a blank story icon at the top right. Characters no longer flip upon death.
- Event cards in the 2nd Edition have a center illustration and a blank icon in the top right spot to give them the silhouette as a Death Card.
- Guests in the 2nd Edition have reminder text in the family icon spot, as Cthulhu Gloom does.
- Pathos Points are now called Self-Worth Points to avoid unnecessary proliferation of game terms.
- A number of mechanical changes have been made in the rule sheet. For example timing icons, symbols on Event cards and the new discard rule have