Grahams Natural Diabetic Foot Cream has been scientifically formulated with Clinically proven ingredients,specificallyto complement and nurture diabetic skin**.**
About Diabetic Foot Syndrome and foot care:
Always read the instructions for use.
Poorly controlled diabetes leads to changes in the blood vessels, circulation, nerves and structure of skin and connective tissue that results in
- Limited joint mobility and/or
- Changes in posture and co-ordination and/or
- Decreased or altered nerves sensitivity and/or
- Altered (reduced /impaired) blood flow
As a result the surface parts of the body, most particularly the feet are substantially more susceptible to the set of symptoms called Diabetic Foot Syndrome, that includes
- Physical deformation
- Greater susceptibility the sheer, friction and pressure
- Skin Cracking and
Consequential calluses and other injuries, may go undetected because of a reduced feeling in your feet; deep infections can result in part, due to decreased circulation. This happens more often when someone has been living with diabetes for some time.
We have analysed specific considerations of diabetic skin including:
Diabetic skin typically contains an over-abundance of some Natural Moisturising Factors such as glycerol (sugar alcohol) and polyols (sugar replacement), skin hydration, ingredients (alcoholic sugars) typically found in normal moisturisers.
We have excluded sugars and glycerol along with other ingredients typically found in normal moisturisers that are already in excess in those with Diabetic Foot Syndrome.
We have included natural ingredients like Nettle leaf, essential fatty acids and potent antioxidants such as Pomegranate seed extract that are missing in diabetic skin.
We have also included ingredients that are antibacterial such as Nettle leaf, Chamomile and Red clover extracts.
Grahams Natural Diabetic Foot cream is intended as a daily use cream so as to ensure care and maintenance of diabetic skin, but to also ensure daily checking by diabetics of potential diabetic skin issues.
- Humectants: draw water from formulation to increase skin hydration. Urea, Sodium PCA, Betaine, Hyaluronic acid and Lactic acid.
- Lubricating and Emollient oils and waxes: Help protect and support the structure and function of skin and help to stimulate normal skin metabolism. Balance of essential and non-essential fatty acids from a range of botanical sources. Including castor seed oil, Medium chain triglycerides, Isopropyl myristate, Linseed oil.
- Antioxidants: Diabetes affected skin has high levels of lipid peroxidation and decrease antioxidant status (dry skin). Pomegranate, Nettle leaf, Calendula and red clover are used as antioxidants. This provides both lipid and water-soluble antioxidant activity.
- Biostatic: helps in reduction of bacterial reproduction of diabetic affected skin. Coconut oil, Benzyl alcohol, Lactic acid, Nettle, Chamomile and Red Clover extracts.
Purified water, (eqv) Punica granatum fruit extract, Distearyldimonium Chloride, Urea, Cetyl alcohol, Medium-chain Triglycerides, Castor Oil, Isopropyl Myristate, Hydrogenated Castor Oil, Coconut Oil, Virgin Linseed Oil, d-alpha tocopherol, Carnauba Wax, White Beeswax, Sodium PCA, Hyaluronic acid, Betaine, Urtica dioica leaf extract, Matricaria chamomilla Flower extract, Trifolium pratense Flower extract, Dehydroacetic acid, Lactic acid, Benzyl alcohol.
3 year expiry upon manufacture
ARTG Entry: 322565