Wake up your taste buds to high-definition flavour with this hand-carved Himalayan crystal salt cooking plate. Himalayan salt is more durable than standard table salt, and it will last for many uses while still imparting a touch of flavour saltiness to your cooking. Salt also has natural antibiotic properties, so cleaning your mortal and pestle is as easy as rinsing with water and allowing to dry.
The Himalayan salt blocks, plates, bricks, and platters can be used for sauteing, grilling, chilling, curing, baking, presenting, salting, bathing, building, and contemplating.
Any heating method can be used to heat up the cooking plate. Be the star of any barbecue by just putting the cooking plate above your barbie whether it's gas, charcoal, butane, small cooker, barbecue, kitchen stove, any heating source is acceptable to heat up this solid rock salt flavour cooking plate.
Salt blocks are a big deal, and they are getting bigger. They bring an otherworldly beauty to any cooking. Luminous crystals shot through with hues of rose, garnet and ice offer a template for preparing food that is as arrestingly visual as it is tantalisingly tasty. Salt experts always outline the benefits of ancient practice of cooking on salt blocks. Salt blocks are not only beautiful, but will appeal to people interested in grilling, baking, general cooking, curing, and notably, entertaining.
Please Note: Please be aware that the holders may have some imperfections, dark blemishes or minor scratches due to manufacturing and welding. Rest assured that this is not rust.
Salt Cooking Block Care Instructions
- Be sure the block is completely dry before use
- If used previously, the block should have rested
- Use any heating source Except strong flames on the steel holder. The steel holder is powder coated and does not support strong or high flames
- Please take care of safety
How To Best HEAT The Salt Block
- Regardless of the "heat source" you are using please note the following recommended steps for heating to avoid any shock crack to the block. So for best results please do the following.
- Firstly heat the tile on very low temperature for first 10-15 min
- Then you can increase the temperature at mid to high.
- If someone you put the tile on high temperature from the initial stage then there will be more chances of it cracking due to the delicate natural composition of its crystals.
- If hot, allow your block to cool completely first.
- Moisten the salt block with a damp sponge (do not use soap).
- Scrub with a soft brush or green scouring pad to remove any stuck matter, and wipe clean with the sponge.
- Try to keep the block as dry as possible - the less water the better.
- Repeat until the block is free of any cooked on food.
- Tamp dry with a paper towel or clean cloth, and set on a drying rack. This process removes only a very thin layer of the salt and preserves a relatively smooth surface.
- The powerful antimicrobial properties of the salt insure that it is always proper and ready for future use, with no need for detergents.
- Store in any location where humidity is at a minimum. I keep many of mine on the windowsill. If you live in a humid climate, wrap the block in a towel and put in the cupboard.
Salt Tile Cut, Wear and Tear
Please note these tiles have some trimmed edges that are not completely sharp edges. This is in nature because our tiles are not treated with any additional outside product which allows the block to keep its natural properties.
These tiles are a natural salt block and depending on the cut will have different reactions to wear and tear.