Immunology : 9th edition
Publication Date: 31 March 2020
Covering all the basic and clinical concepts you need to know for your coursework and USMLEs, Immunology, 9th Edition, offers a well-illustrated, carefully structured approach to this complex and fast-changing field.
Carefully edited and authored by experts in both teaching and research, it provides cutting-edge, consistent coverage that links the laboratory and clinical practice. A user-friendly, color-coded format, including key concept boxes, explanatory diagrams, and nearly 200 photos to help you visually grasp and retain challenging concepts.
- Explains the building blocks of the immune system - cells, organs, and major receptor molecules - as well as initiation and actions of the immune response, especially in a clinical context.
- Includes extensive updates to clinical information, including recent clinical approaches in cancer immunology, transplantation, autoimmunity, hypersensitivity, and more.
- Features a reorganized format that presents immunology in the order in which is typically taught and learned, better integrating basic and clinical immunology.
- Covers new topics such as innate lymphoid cells, antibody-based therapies and antibody engineering, innate immunity and its components, the genetics of immunologically-based diseases and personalized medicine, and immunotherapeutic agents for the treatment of cancer.
- Provides Critical Thinking boxes, chapter-opening summaries, and case-based and USMLE-style questions that provide effective review and quick practice for exams - plus more learning opportunities online, including USMLE-style questions and clinical cases.
- Enhanced eBook version included with purchase. Your enhanced eBook allows you to access all of the text, figures, and references from the book on a variety of dev...