The Kasumi Damacus Slicer Knife features a 24cm blade with a double riveted laminated wood handle.
The ancient technique of Japanese sword making, used for over 780 years, continues to be used in the making of Kasumi knives. This explains their excellent cutting ability and hardness.
The main cutting blade of Kasumi knives are made from VG-10 high carbon stainless steel that has been developed especially for knives. The blades are hardened to Rockwell C59 - 60 degrees, and, therefore, keep a sharper cutting edge longer than any other knives. On both sides of the main cutting blade, fine damacus stainless steel is clad.
The pattern in the damacus stainless steel on both sides of the blade is the result of repeated folding and forging of fine stainless steel into multiple layers. The beauty of the Kasumi pattern together with the strong black laminated wood handles makes these knives look graceful, yet strong and good for any style of cooking.
- Made In Seki-Japan
- VG-10 Super Stainless Steel - High Carbon
- 32 Layers Fine Stainless Steel
- Double riveted laminated wood handle
- Beautifully presented in a Kasumi gift box
- Use only on a cutting board
- Do not use for chopping food
- Knives should not be used for cutting into any food that has bone
- Do not use to cut frozen food
- Knives should not be washed in a dishwasher, and wash with ordinary neutral detergent or just water by hand
- Then wipe with a soft towel to maintain the best condition and for longer use
- Kasumi knives are extremely hard and we recommend using the Kasumi whetstone for sharpening to keep the cutting edge sharp