Law and Business : 5th edition
Publication Date: 5 December 2019
Law and Business, fifth edition, is your comprehensive guide to understanding the complex legal principles that govern the practice of business and commercial law in Australia.
The book grounds you in the Australian legal system before exploring the core subjects you need to understand—contract law, tort law, commercial law, and business organisations law. Taking a skills-based approach, this book develops your knowledge of legal rules with problem-solving exercises, case extracts and review questions. It emphasises learning case analysis and statutory interpretation techniques and provides you with a foundation for further study and future careers.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Includes an introductory chapter on learning effectively in business law subjects
- Significantly revised chapters on competition and consumer law (Ch. 16), property law (Ch. 17) and intellectual property (Ch. 18)
- Fully updated with illustrative cases and legislation, including: ACCC v Coles Supermarkets Australia Pty Ltd  FCA 330, highlighting misleading or deceptive conduct
- Strong v Woolworths Ltd  HCA 5, exploring the legal liability of business operators for negligence
- McCabe v British American Tobacco Australia Limited  VSC 73, examining negligence in manufacturing and marketing and resulting liabilities
- Learning features such as ‘Study Tips’ that draw out key elements of a concept; ‘Key Points’ that highlight vital information; and ‘Suggested Approach’ sections with examples showing possible solutions.