The ThinkSystem RAID 930 family of internal 12 Gbps SAS RAID controllers are high-performance RAID-on-chip (ROC) adapters. These adapters support RAID levels 0/1/10/5/50/6/60, and include an extensive list of RAS and management features.
This product guide provides essential presales information to understand the ThinkSystem RAID 930-4i, 8i, 16i and 24i adapters and their key features, specifications, and compatibility. This guide is intended for technical specialists, sales specialists, sales engineers, IT architects, and other IT professionals who want to learn more about the adapters and consider their use in IT solutions.
- CIe 3.0 x8 host interface
- 12 Gbps SAS/SATA RAID controllers, based on the Broadcom MegaRAID 9460 adapter family
- 2GB or 4GB of integrated flash-backed cache
- Connectivity for up to 2, 8, 16 or 24 internal SAS or SATA drives
- Support for intermixing SAS and SATA HDDs and SSDs. Mixing SAS and SATA drives in the same array is not supported. Mixing of HDDs and SSDs in the same array is not supported
- Support for intermixing of 12 Gbps and 6 Gbps drives
- Support for RAID 0, 1, 10, 5, 50, 6 and 60 standard (The 930-4i supports only RAID 0, 1 in the SN550 and RAID 0, 1, 5, 6 in the SN850 because those blade servers only support two and four drives respectively)
- Support for JBOD (non-RAID) drive state
- Support for up to 64 virtual disks, up to 128 arrays, up to 16 virtual disks per array
- Support for logical drive sizes greater than 2 TB
- Configurable stripe size from 64 KB up to 1 MB
- Supports 512e, 512n and 4K sector formatted drives
- Compliant with Disk Data Format (DDF) configuration on disk (CoD)
- S.M.A.R.T. support
- Configuration through
- XClarity Provisioning Manager UEFI interface
- XClarity Controller web interface
- XClarity Administrator Configuration Patterns
- StorCLI command-line interface
- LSI Storage Authority (LSA) GUI interface
- UEFI Human Interface Infrastructure (HII)
Photos are for illustration only, it may differ from the actual item.