Miss Violet's Doll's House : Magical Makes For Your Miniature World
Publication Date: 17 January 2018
Magical makes for your miniature world.
Sam McKechnie's new craft book invites readers to lose themselves in the incredible world of Miss Violet. Whether they have a doll's house, some shelf space or an unwanted shoebox, Sam has created 25 makes that are perfect for any miniature residence. In addition to the makes there will be a pop-out paper Miss Violet doll (and outfits to dress her in) at the back of the book.
Readers will also find a shoebox house project and a chapter of scraps (to photocopy or download) so that every room in their house can be embellished with fabulous paper furnishings - from cooking pots and carriage clocks to picture frames and paper pansies.
- Introducing Miss Violet - Meet the star of the show. Includes a wealth of ideas for clothing and accessories for readers to make themselves.
- Moving in - learn how to select a home (traditional doll's house, shoebox, cupboard or shelf), make a shoebox house, and create a name plaque.
- Kitchen - makes include clay food, embroidered tablecloth and bobbin table and stools..
- Parlour - makes include a chandelier, fireplace and Christmas tree.?
- Bedroom and bath - makes include pressed flower wallpaper, playing card bath
- mat and a fairytale mattress.
- Garden - makes include a pond, instant flower garden and clothes line.
Miss Violet's Doll's House includes everything needed to imagine and create? a miniature world.
About the Author
Sam Mckechnie is an artist working primarily with oil and found objects and makes quiet pieces, usually on commission. Sam's work is inextricably entwined with fairytales, magic and charms and her work has featured in many books and mag...