Nikon’s flagship lens, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR is light and versatile. It has been redesigned from the ground up and features state-of-the-art image stabilisation technology and a construction that features no less than 22 essential elements. This ensures incredibly accurate photographs, with brilliant colours and incredible depth. An update of their previous 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR lens, the AF-S NIKKOR is popular with professionals, hobbyists and amateurs all over the world, and has a reputation for being well-crafted and superior to anything else in the market.
The AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR features a Nano Crystal Coat and fluorine coating to reduce lens flare and other aberrations, and it also serves to repel dust and moisture. The delicate lens elements are all housed in a tough metal and hardened plastic shell, meaning that this lens is built to last a lifetime. As a professional quality lens, this level of durability is vital for photographers working in harsh climates and those who need their equipment to withstand the levels of abuse present when out in the field.
The NIKKOR is equipped with a wide range of features and its construction ensures speed and precision, without compromising photograph quality.
New NIKKOR zoom lens, the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR, is ready to impress the professionals with an impeccable fusion of agility and unsurpassed optical performance.
AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Primary Features:
- Adoption of fluorite and HRI lens elements, as well as magnesium-alloy parts ensure superior agility with a lighter weight
- Thorough adoption of anti-dust and water-drop-resistant structure in which all moving parts of the lens barrel are sealed against dust and water droplets
- Nikon's exclusive fluorine coat has been applied to the external surface of the front lens element. This highly durable fluorine coat effectively repels dust, water droplets, grease and dirt, and has superior anti-reflection characteristics that contribute to the capture of clear images
- Consistently superior resolution, all the way to the edges of the frame, throughout the entire zoom range
- Compared to the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, minimum focus distance throughout the entire zoom range is reduced from 1.4m to 1.1m, and maximum reproduction ratio is increased from 0.11× to 0.21×
- Nano Crystal Coat adopted for its superior anti-reflection effects and effective reduction of ghost and flare for sharp, clear images
- Vibration Reduction (VR) function optimized for sports photography with built-in SPORT mode, which is also effective with movie recording. This enables comfortable high-speed continuous shooting with no drop in frame rate or increase in release time lag
- In NORMAL mode, the VR function provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed 4.0 stops *1 faster. With the employment of a newly developed algorithm, barrel vibration transmitted to the hands and sound caused when the AF drive starts/stops are remarkably reduced and suppressed
- AF tracking performance for the subjects with unpredictable movement, including those whose speed of movement changes and those who move quickly toward the camera, has been increased
- Adoption of an electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism enables stable exposure control, even with high-speed continuous shooting
- Positioning of the zoom ring near the front of the lens and the focus ring closer to the mount ensures a better hold with shooting
- Four focus function buttons that enable quick and certain focusing are positioned so that they are readily accessible regardless of shooting orientation (horizontal or vertical)
- Extremely durable bearings adopted for the tripod collar ring, enabling quick and smooth switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations *1 Based on CIPA standards; when attached to DSLR cameras equipped with a full-size image sensor. Measured at the maximum telephoto position.
Professional standard equipment for every situation
Providing photographers with a state-of-the-art lens that supports shooting in diverse environments, the new NIKKOR lens has a structure and build that is approximately 110g lighter than its predecessor while also being equipped with anti-dust and water-drop-resistant capabilities. Furthermore, Nikon's exclusive fluorine coat applied to the extreme front of the lens provides high antifouling performance and peel-resistant properties.
“Whether a photographer is faced with the challenge of shooting fast moving objects at a distance or in low-light conditions, the innovation in the new AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR provides photographers with even more freedom,” said James Murray, Director of Sales & Marketing, Nikon Australia. “Delivering a Vibration Reduction system of up to 4.0 stops, improved autofocus tracking performance and an electromagnetic aperture mechanism for auto exposure accuracy, the AF-S 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR is an advanced lens that professionals have been waiting for.”
Improvements that will make your photographs shine
The Nikon AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8E FL ED VR Lens supports even better resolution throughout the entire zoom range than the AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, which is well-known for its superior resolution, and yet still consistently maintains that resolution all the way to the edges of the frame. The adoption of one fluorite, one high refractive index (HRI), and six Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) lens elements provides effective compensation for a variety of aberrations. This combination of the lens elements, together with Nano Crystal Coat, ensures that ghosting and flare are minimised. The optical performance is complemented even further by the support for a fast f/2.8 maximum aperture throughout the entire 70-200mm zoom range, offering a shallow depth of field and smooth bokeh effect.
The Vibration Reduction (VR) makes it easy to track erratically moving subjects through the viewfinder. NORMAL mode provides an effect equivalent to a shutter speed of 4.0 stops*1 faster. SPORT mode maintains focus on rapidly moving subjects, even when high-speed continuous shooting. VR performance once the power is turned on has also been greatly improved. The stable viewfinder image is instantly enabled with a half-press of the shutter release button right after the power has been switched on, and image results with minimised blur-reduction effect when the shutter is released. Autofocus (AF) tracking of subjects with unpredictable movement has also been redeveloped and improved and the new electromagnetic diaphragm mechanism ensures stable exposure control when high-speed continuous shooting.
In comparison with the current AF-S NIKKOR 70-200mm f/2.8G ED VR II, reduction of the minimum focus distance and increase in the maximum reproduction ratio enable photographic expression similar to close-up shooting. Moreover, the shooting grip has been improved and provides superior operation. This new system includes adoption of four focus function buttons, and a tripod collar ring that enables quick and smooth switching between horizontal and vertical shooting orientations.
- MPN - JAA830DA
- GTIN - 018208200634