Pharmacology : A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach
Publication Date: 9 March 2017
Get the right dosage of pharmacology content to succeed on the NCLEX and as a professional nurse with Pharmacology: A Patient-Centered Nursing Process Approach, 9th Edition. Using a streamlined prototype approach and an emphasis on nursing care, this text makes it easy for today's nursing students to better understand the complicated subject of pharmacology. The book's detailed chapter on dosage calculation, the nursing process framework for drug therapy, strong QSEN focus, and summaries of prototype drugs help deliver the perfect pharmacology foundation. This new edition also features an improved overall organization, more streamlined content, updated prototype drug charts, a new chapter on transplant drugs, expanded information on cultural considerations, new and updated critical thinking case studies, and much more. In all, it's the surest way to put your best foot forward when it comes to nursing pharmacology on the NCLEX and in practice!
- UNIQUE! An extensive, color-coded Drug Calculations chapter presents six methods of dosage calculation, providing a helpful review and supplement to a dosage calculations textbook.
- UNIQUE! Nursing Process summaries present patient care and drug therapy within the framework of each step of the nursing process, including information on patient teaching and cultural considerations.
- UNIQUE! Illustrated overviews of normal anatomy and physiology open each unit and provide a critical foundational review for understanding how drugs work in each body system.
- Chapter on safety and quality discusses medication errors, specific nursing measures to promote safety, National Patient Safety Goals, and many other safety issues and concerns.
- Cultural considerations icons highlight important cultural considerations in the Nur...