Revolution Cat 2.6-7.5kg Blue
- Topical, once-a-month parasiticide for cats.
- Provides systemic treatment against a broad spectrum of external and internal parasites.
Revolution (selamectin) is approved for:
- Use in cats 6 weeks of age or older against the following parasites: adult fleas, flea eggs, heartworm, ear mites, sarcoptic mites, hookworm and roundworm.
- Killing adult fleas, larvae and eggs and preventing flea eggs from hatching for one month, and indicated for prevention and control of flea infestations (Ctenocephalides spp). Additionally, flea eggs exposed to Revolution are not viable and flea larvae in the treated animal's surroundings are killed or prevented from developing to adults.
- Prevention of heartworm disease caused by Dirofilaria immitis.
- Treatment and control of ear mite (Otodectes cynotis) infestations.
- Treatment and control of sarcoptic mange (Sarcoptes scabiei).
- Treatment and control of hookworm (A. tubaeforme)
- Treatment and control of roundworm (T. Cati)
- Revolution is an unscheduled veterinary medicine, not a pesticide.
- Broad-spectrum protection against most internal and external parasites.
- Kills adult fleas and their eggs.
- Combines a unique activity on emerging and already existing eggs and larvae in the enviroment
- Fast, simple and easy to use.
- Due to the low-volume dosage size, the solution can be applied in one spot.
- Non-greasy, quick-drying preparation.
- Bathing the pet 2 hours after application does not affect efficacy.
- Available in 2 convenient dosage sizes for cats in non-drip disposable tubes.
Directions - Hold tube upright.
- Press cap down until a click is heard (cap punctures applicator seal).
- Remove cap and check to be sure tip of tube is open.
- Part hair at base of neck and place tip of tube on visible skin area.
- Squeeze tube 3 or 4 times in one spot until empty. Keep tube squeezed to avoid drawing liquid back into tube. While keeping tube squeezed, drag it away from liquid and lift up to remove.
- Ensure tube is empty.
- The recommended dose is 6 mg selamectin/kg of body weight.
Warnings - Prior to administration, cats should be tested for existing heartworm infection. At the discretion of the veterinarian, infected cats should be treated to remove adult heartworms.
- While the number of circulating D. immitis microfilariaemay decrease following treatment, Revolution is not effective against adult D. immitis.
- In humans, may be irritating to skin and eyes.
- In studies, less than 1% of cats experienced digestive upset.
- In pre-clinical studies, less than 1% of cats developed transient hair loss at the application site.
- Do not use in sick, debilitated or underweight animals.
- Flammable. Keep away from heat, sparks or open flame.
- Keep out of reach of children.