Royal Canin Senior Ageing
Royal Canin Senior Ageing has been specially formulated for cats over 12 years old with sensitive teeth and gums and a fussy appetite. Cats age in two distinct phases. During the first phase, there may be few visible signs to indicate the internal changes that are occurring. During the second phase (12 years+), ageing accelerates and cats may exhibit visible signs, including decreased mobility and dental sensitivities. Royal Canin Senior Ageing will provide your cat the nutrients needed to support this stage. The key features of Royal Canin Senior Ageing include:
- Ideal for senior cats over 12 years of age.
- Specially designed round-shaped kibble is easy to grasp and chew and provides necessary nutrients, at the right levels, to help keep ageing cats healthy.
- Healthy ageing complex: Supports healthy ageing through the inclusion of a patented complex of antioxidants, essential fatty acids (EPA/DHA) and polyphenols from green tea to fight free radicals.
- Renal health: Kidney disease is extremely prevalent in the ageing cat population and is one of the most common medical reasons older cats are seen by veterinarians. Royal Canin Senior Ageing is reduced in phosphorus which helps support renal health.
- Helps stimulate appetite: As cats age, they may become more picky. A declining sense of smell and taste can make food less appealing, while dental sensitivities can make it difficult to chew. Royal Canin Senior Ageing has an exclusive combination of natural flavours and aromas, combined with a unique dual texture kibble design - containing a soft cream filling surrounded by a crunchy outer shell. The nutrient and energy dense kibble is easy to chew and helps stimulate the appetite of an ageing cat, ensuring picky eaters are able to meet their daily nutritional needs.
- Weight maintenance: In some senior cats, the level of activity reduces with age, which leads to weight gain. Royal Canin Senior Ageing contains a moderate level of fat to help maintain an ideal body condition.
- L.I.P. digestive science innovation: Highest quality proteins selected for their very high digestibility.
- Size: 2kg.
Originally founded in France in 1967, today Royal Canin is one of the leading pet nutrition brands worldwide, and for good reason. Royal Canin were the first to develop many of the specialised diets for different dogs and cats that exist today. Royal Canin make the most precise and effective nutrition for cats and dogs based on breed, size, age, lifestyle, weight, gender, digestion, genetic makeup and other specific needs. To do this, they have accumulated vast knowledge about cats and dogs that only extensive observation and tireless dialogue with pet professionals, breeders, veterinarians and owners can provide. In order to create health nutrition that makes a difference for cats and dogs, Royal Canin maintains constant respect for their fundamental animal nature and unique nutritional needs.
Vegetable protein isolate*. Precooked wheat flour. Animal fats. Rice. Dehydrated poultry meat. Vegetable fibres. Hydrolysed animal proteins. Maize. Chicory pulp. Soya oil. Fish oil. Minerals. Tomato (source of lycopene). Psyllium husks and seeds. Fructo-oligo-saccharides. Green tea and grape extracts (source of polyphenols). Hydrolysed yeast (source of manno-oligo-saccharides). Hydrolysed crustaceans (source of glucosamine). Borage oil. Marigold extract (source of lutein). Hydrolysed cartilage (source of chondroitin). ADDITIVES (per kg): Nutritional additives: Vitamin A: 20100 IU. Vitamin D3: 700 IU. E1 (Iron): 46 mg. E2 (Iodine): 3.6 mg. E4 (Copper): 10 mg. E5 (Manganese): 60 mg. E6 (Zinc): 198 mg. E8 (Selenium): 0.08 mg. Preservatives - Antioxidants. ANALYTICAL CONSTITUENTS: Protein: 30%. Fat content: 19%. Crude ash: 5.2%. Crude fibres: 4.7%. *L.I.P.: protein selected for its very high assimilation.
Want to see what the cat bowls of tomorrow look like? Check out our latest cat feeding tech products here