High Performance, 802.11ac Wave 2 Mid-Range Smart Wi-Fi Access Points with Adaptive Antenna Technology
Ruckus R510 Unleashed enables controller-less Wi-Fi architecture for small business environments with superior performance, lower costs and simplified management. Separate controllers and access point licenses are no longer needed, significantly reducing upfront costs. Set-up is also easy, thanks to a simplified web interface that helps businesses configure Wi-Fi in just 60 seconds.
The Ruckus ZoneFlex R510 Unleashed delivers high-performance and reliable 802.11ac wireless networking with MU-MIMO (Multi-User Multiple-Input Multiple-Output) capability. MU-MIMO helps boost network throughput by serving multiple clients simultaneously and also benefiting non-Wave 2 clients, thus improving overall network performance.
The R510 Unleashed, through its USB port, also enables IoT readiness for technologies like BLE, which helps drive business efficiencies from both a revenue and cost perspective. It does this with existing 802.3af power, obviating the need for expensive, capital intensive switch upgrades.
Each ZoneFlex R510 Unleashed integrates Ruckus-patented BeamFlex+, a software-controlled, high gain antenna design that continually forms and directs each Wi-Fi packet over the best performing signal path.
Using dual-polarized antennas, the R510 Unleashed adapts in real-time to anticipate hand-held device movement and rotation ensuring consistent performance.
MU-MIMO helps Wave 2 and non-Wave 2 clients. The R510 Unleashed can communicate simultaneously to multiple Wave 2 clients increasing network performance. This frees up airtime for non-Wave 2 clients resulting in enhanced aggregate network throughput.
Advanced WLAN Applications
The ZoneFlex R510 Unleashed supports a wide range of valueadded applications such as BYOD/guest onboarding, Dynamic PSK, hotspot authentication, wireless intrusion detection and many more. The ZoneFlex R510 Unleashed works with a wide range of authentication servers including Microsoft’s Active Directory, LDAP, and RADIUS.
Complete Local And Remote Management
The ZoneFlex R510 Unleashed can be securely managed from anywhere at anytime using any browser on any device.
Superior network efficiency at an affordable price
- Two-stream MU-MIMO 2x2:2 for simultaneous downlink transmissions to multiple Wave 2 client devices
- Concurrent dual-band (5GHz/2.4GHz) support
- 867 Mbps (5 GHz) and 300 Mbps (2.4 GHz) of user data rate
- Up to 4dB of signal-to-interference and noise (SINR) improvement and up to 10dB of interference mitigation
- Capable of supporting up to 512 clients
- Novel channel selection approach delivering up to 50 percent capacity gain over alternative background scanning approaches
Consistent and predictable performance
- R510 delivers up to twice the range and coverage of competitive products
- Adaptive antenna technology optimizes Wi-Fi performance in most environments
- Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for high-density environments
- Dual-polarized adaptive antennas with 64 antenna patterns per radio for ultra-reliability
- 802.11ac Multi-User MIMO (MU-MIMO)
- Dual-band concurrent (5Ghz/2.4GHz)
- BeamFlex+ (PD-MRC) smart antenna, with support for 64 unique antenna patterns enables up to 4 dB of additional gain and up to 10 dB of additional interference mitigation
- Up to an additional 4dB BeamFlex gain / 10dB interference mitigation / 3 dBi physical antenna gain
- Automatic interference mitigation, optimized for high-density environments
- 802.11ac standard Tx Beamforming
- Standard 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Two 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports, one with 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- USB Port for IoT technologies
- Gateway mode with NAT and DHCP services
- IP multicast video streaming support
- Advanced QoS packet classification and automatic priority for latency-sensitive traffic
- Dynamic, pre-user rate-limiting for hotspot WLANs
- WPA-PSK (AES), 802.1X support for RADIUS and Active Directory*
- Ethernet 802.1x port-based authentication (authenticator and supplicant)
- Dynamic PSK
- Admission control/load balancing
- Band balancing and airtime fairness support
- Captive portal and guest accounts
- Application recognition and control
- SmartWay Bonjour gateway
Unleash the Performance
In the Unleashed version, the ZoneFlex R510 is capable of supporting controller-less deployments for up to 25 acess points and 512 concurrent devices per AP
MU-MIMO: Improves Network Performance For All Clients
This cutting edge Wi-Fi technology, gets you ready for the new 11ac Wave 2 mobile devices. It improves network efficiency & throughput for even non-Wave 2 clients
Extended Range Requiring Fewer APs Adaptive antenna technology delivers up to 2x increase in Wi-Fi signal coverage minimizing the number of APs required to service any area
Sleek, Low Profile Enclosure For Ease-of-Deployment
Aesthetically-pleasing design and a range of mounting options
Channel Selection Optimizes Throughput
ChannelFly dynamic channel management, based on throughput measurements, not just interference, chooses the best channel to give users the highest possible throughput
Super Simple Configuration And Management
The industry’s simplest configuration and management through a Web-based wizard and automated deployment capabilities
Hassle-free Migration To Higher Speed Wi-Fi
Support for standard 802.3af power over Ethernet allows enterprises to use existing PoE switches without costly upgrades
The Zoneflex R510 Unleashed Integrates With Your Existing Network Infrastructure
Delivering best-in-class 802.11ac performance and reliability at a competitive price — making it the ideal wireless solution for mid-range enterprise and branch office applications.
Hotel Common Areas Such As Shared Offices
The ZoneFlex R510 Unleashed is ideal for deployment in hotel common areas to provide wireless connection to high quality data access, as well as wired connections to IP phone and guest devices.
Deployment For Retail / Branch Offices
The ZoneFlex R510 Unleashed is ideal for deployment in retail stores to provide inconspicuous wireless connection to high quality video, wireless IP phones and data access for handheld PoS bar code scanners.
Controller-less Access Point Solution for SMB
Smart devices are playing a critical role in influencing customer decisions and behaviors. While Wi-Fi devices have become an absolute requirement for customers and employees, small to midsize businesses (SMBs) are challenged to deploy a reliable wireless network within a limited budget and little to no IT staff.
Ruckus Unleashed is a controller-less wireless LAN solution that enables SMBs to deliver an optimal wireless experience at an affordable price point. Configured in 60 seconds and deployed in minutes, Ruckus Unleashed eliminates the complexity pitfall of a controller-based WLAN. With easy migration options to the Ruckus ZoneDirector, SmartZone or future Ruckus platforms, Ruckus Unleashed scales with your business. Now SMBs can deliver a Wi-Fi user experience with high RF performance and network resiliency.
With 802.11ac Ruckus Unleashed access points (AP), users can take advantage of higher speeds, better coverage, and improved reliability. Unleashed APs include key Ruckus technologies, such as BeamFlex+ Adaptive Antenna Technology to maximize signal coverage, throughput, and network capacity, and ChannelFly, our predictive capacity management for RF channel selection. And Zero-IT enables easy device onboarding with several key guest features, such as guest WLAN access, captive portal, Guest Pass, and Custom Logo, to provide key value add services to users.
With Unleashed, each AP in the network will actively serve clients. And this controller-less solution supports single location deployments, up to 25 APs and/or 512 clients.
The Unleashed WLAN network can be set up in a matter of minutes, eliminating the need for large IT staff. There are 3 simple steps to set up the Unleashed network:
- Simply power on the Unleashed access points
- Connect to the Unleashed AP via open SSID or DNS
- Easily configure one master access point using the Unleashed online wizard
When configuring the network, a standby AP will be chosen automatically. This ensures resiliency in the network. Additionally, all member APs will automatically discover and join the master.
Take advantage of a low-cost controller-less solution
- No expert IT staff required
- Save time with a fast deployment and easy network management
- No AP license, controller or cloud subscription including support and troubleshooting is required
Network Investment Protection
58% of SMBs are expected to grow within 6-12 months. With Ruckus Unleashed, SMBs can easily migrate to the ZoneDirector, SmartZone, or future Ruckus platforms. There is flexibility to choose virtual or physical appliances to best meet business needs. Now is the time to deploy a network that grows with your business.
Who can take advantage of Ruckus Unleashed?
Ruckus Unleashed is ideal for SMBs who are interested in providing high RF performance Wi-Fi that is easy to deploy, at a low price. Furthermore, Unleashed is a scalable solution, which meets the growing needs of the SMB market.
A small deployment with up to 512 devices, such as a hotel, individual and independent retailers, warehousing and local services such as private insurance/title companies is ideal for Unleashed. In this segment, retailers have a limited budget and little to no IT staff to manage the network. Ruckus Unleashed enables them to provide a reliable network in addition to value-add services, such as guest access, captive portal and Hotspot/WISPr.
ZoneFlex R510 Unleashed Specifications Physical Characteristics
- DC Input: 12 VDC 1.0A
- Power over Ethernet 802.3 af
- 16.8 cm (L), 16.5 cm (W), 4.1 cm (H)
- 6.6 in (L), 6.5 in (W), 1.6 in (H)
Weight 350gms (0.772 lbs)
Ethernet Ports 2 auto MDX, auto-sensing 10/100/1000 Mbps, RJ-45, POE port (on one port)
- Electrical wallbox; Standard US and EU single gang wall jack
- Optional bracket for offset & wall mount
- Hidden latching mechanism
- Kensington Lock Hole
- T-bar Torx
- Bracket (902-0108-0000) Torx screw & padlock (sold separately)
- Operating Temperature: 0°C - 50°C
- Operating Humidity: 10% - 95% non-condensing
Power Draw 12 VDC Input
- Idle: 4.4W
- Typical: 7.1W
- Peak: 11.9W
Power over Ethernet Input
- Idle: 4.7W
- Typical: 7.5W
- Peak: 12.6W
- USB 2.0
- Type A connector
- Ideal for BLE dongles and sensors
Performance and Capacity
Concurrent Stations Up to 512 clients per AP
Simultaneous VoIP Clients Up to 30 clients per AP RF
- Adaptive antenna that provides up to 64 unique antenna patterns per radio
- Full omnidirectional polarization diversity
Physical Antenna Gain Up to 3 dBi
Beamflex1 SINR TX Gain Up to 4 dB
Beamflex1 SINR RX Gain 3-5 dB (PD-MRC)
Interference Mitigation Up to 10 dB
Minimum RX Sensitivity Up to -103 dBm Management
Deployment Options Ruckus Unleashed controller-less
Configuration Basic SNMP support Wi-Fi
- IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac
- 2.4GHz and 5GHz
Supported Data Rates
- 802.11n/ac: 6.5Mbps – 173.4Mbps (20MHz)
- 13.5Mbps – 400Mbps (40MHz)
- 29.3Mbps – 867Mbps (80MHz)
- 802.11a: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6Mbps
- 802.11b: 11, 5.5, 2 and 1 Mbps
- 802.11g: 54, 48, 36, 24, 18, 12, 9 and 6 Mbps
Radio Chains 2 x 2 Spatial Streams
- SU-MIMO : Up to 2 streams
- MU-MIMO : Up to 2 streams
Channelization 20MHz, 40MHz, 80MHz
RF POWER OUTPUT (Aggregate)
- 26 dBm for 2.4GHz†
- 25 dBm for 5GHz†
- 2.4GHz channels* : 1-13
- 5 GHz channels* : 36-64, 100-140, 149-165
- IEEE 802.11 b/g/n: 2.4 – 2.484 GHz
- IEEE 802.11a/n/ac: 5.15 – 5.25 GHz; 5.25 – 5.35 GHz; 5.47 – 5.725 GHz; 5.725 – 5.85 GHz
Power Save Supported
- WPA-PSK, WPA-TKIP, WPA2 AES, 802.11i
- Authentication via 802.1X with the ZoneDirector, SmartZone, local authentication database, support for RADIUS, LDAP, and ectory
- U.S., Europe, Australia, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Israel, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Peru, Philippines, Saudi Arabia,Singapore, South Africa, Taiwan, Thailand, UAE, Vietnam
- WEEE/RoHS compliance
- EN-60601-1-2 (Medical)
- Wi-Fi Alliance
- EN50121-1 Railway EMC
- EN50121-4 Railway Immunity
- IEC 61373 Railway Shock & Vibration
- UL 2043 plenum rated
- 5GHz UNII-1 (2014)
† Maximum power varies by country
1 BeamFlex gains are statistical system-level effects translated to enhanced SINR based on observations over time in real-world conditions with multiple APs and many clients
* Subject to country regulations ;
Power Adapter not included