An effective take on a popular focal length, the Samyang 35mm F1.8 Auto Focus UMC II Sony E Full Frame Lens is a wide-angle prime mixing a lightweight and portable design with a bright f/1.8 maximum aperture. This lens is specifically designed for 3 main targets: street photographers, vloggers and Instagrammers who are looking for a compact lens with high-quality output. The new lens provides outstanding corner-to-corner image quality from a maximum F1.8 aperture and its quiet autofocus and tenacious tracking performance make it a great choice for both stills and movie shooting.
The optical design incorporates two extra-low dispersion elements and a pair of aspherical elements, which help to suppress both chromatic and spherical aberrations for improved sharpness, colour accuracy, and clarity. An Ultra Multi-Coating has also been applied to reduce flare and ghosting in order to achieve higher contrast when working in strong lighting conditions.
A linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras' AF systems for quick, quiet, and precise focusing performance, and manual focus override is also available for more refined control. Additionally, a Custom Switch enables making intuitive adjustments of a variety of camera and exposure settings by rotating the lens's focusing ring.
Key Features of the Samyang 35mm F1.8 Auto Focus UMC II Sony E Full Frame Lens
- Bright f/1.8 maximum aperture suits working in difficult lighting conditions and also offers increased control over depth of field for isolating subjects and working with selective focus.
- Two extra-low dispersion elements reduce colour fringing and chromatic aberrations in order to produce greater clarity and colour rendering.
- Two aspherical elements control spherical aberrations and distortions for improved sharpness and resolution.
- An Ultra Multi-Coating has been applied to individual elements in order to reduce flare and ghosting for increased contrast and a neutral colour balance.
- The integrated linear STM autofocus motor works in conjunction with Sony cameras' focusing systems for quick, quiet, and precise AF control. Manual focus override is also available le for refining your focus position.
- The internal focusing design maintains the overall lens length and prevents the front of the lens from rotating during use.
- Custom switch can be used for lens-based control over select exposure or shooting functions, such as aperture selection, with additional settings coming via future firmware updates.
- Rounded nine-blade diaphragm contributes to a smooth and pleasing bokeh quality.
- An included lens hood helps to block stray light from causing flare and ghosting.
Full-frame Performance in Ultra-Compact & Lightweight Design
Weighing in at just 210g and measuring 65mm in diameter by 63.5in length; this new lens sets a new standard for portability as a Samyang Tiny Series lens. It supports full-frame mirrorless cameras in Sony E mount with the outstanding image quality from corner to corner of the image. This makes it an ideal lens for street photographers, vloggers and Instagrammers who expect a high-resolution image from a portable lens. Its optical construction including an aspherical element to suppress aberration and deliver high resolution throughout the entire image frame
Loved 35mm Focal Length with Large F1.8 Aperture
35mm is one of the most cherished focal lengths of all time. Known for its versatility from indoors to landscapes and even portraits. 35mm lenses frame background and subject perfectly with a perfectly wide enough angle of view. The large F1.8 aperture provides a perfect balance between portability and image quality.
Beautiful bokeh with 9-circular aperture blades
9-blade circular aperture enables beautiful bokeh.
Fast, quiet and accurate Auto Focus with excellent tracking for videos as well as stills
Thanks to the newly researched and developed Linear STM (Stepping Motor), a larger and heavier focus lens group can be controlled more quietly and precisely, providing excellent image quality in photos and videos. Experience accurate and quick autofocus with quiet and smooth operation.
This new Tiny Series lens, the AF 35mm F1.8 FE, features weather sealing for 4 spots to protect from light dust, rain and snow and provide the ability to capture stunning images in less than perfect conditions.
Versatile control and handling | Custom Switch
Equipped with a Custom Switch, shooting and operation is more intuitive and simple. You can easily select various functions such as Aperture Control Mode to the Switch, and enjoy the shooting mode that suits your personal preference. More functions will be added through firmware update in the future.
- MPN - 200680
- GTIN - 8809298886967