Affordable, Easy-to-Use Switches for Small Business Networks, with Zero Configuration Required
To stay on top of your business, you need to keep your office running smoothly. These days that means having a highly reliable network connecting your computers, printers,copiers, and other office equipment. But if your business islike most small companies, you don't have an IT staff to setup your network for you. Now you can have a high-performance, business-class office network that just works, right out of the box, with Cisco 100 Series Unmanaged Switches. Cisco 100 Series Unmanaged switches deliver basic network connectivity and reliability for small businesses, without complexity. These switches provide all of the features, expandability, and investment protection you expect from Cisco, with no installation software and nothingto configure. Just plug it in, connect your computers and other business equipment, and get to work. ### Cisco 100 Series Unmanaged Switches
Cisco 100 Series Unmanaged switches (Figure 1), part ofthe Cisco Small Business networking solutions, are a line ofunmanaged switches that provide wire-speed Fast Ethernet andGigabit Ethernet connectivity to connect your small businessoffice. Available in desktop and rack-mount models, these switches are designed to suit any office space with basic network needs and to optimize power efficiency. They use less power and provide the robust, reliable connectivity your business demands, as well as support for advanced features such as quality of service (QoS) - all in a switch that you can set up yourself, in minutes. A business-class, affordable network solution, Cisco 100 Series switches bringthe proven reliability and investment protection of Cisco networking solutions to your small business.
Features and Benefits
Cisco 100 Series switches provide an easy-to-use solution for your small business network. They offer: - Ease of use: Cisco 100 Series switches work right outof the box, with no software to install and nothing to configure. Each switch port independently sets itself for the optimal speed and determines whether to run in half- or full-duplex mode automatically. As a standards-based Cisco solution, Cisco 100 Series switches are also designed to immediately accommodate all of the devices in your network, including:
- Support for 10 megabits per second (Mbps), 100 Mbps, and up to 1 gigabit per second (1000 Mbps) devices in the same network
- Automatic cable detection, so you don't have to worry about using the wrong cable type
- Compatibility with network devices from other vendors
- Simple setup: Designed for small office spaces, Cisco 100 Series switches are available in both compact desktop and rack-mount models. The desktop models offer a wall-mountoption for discreet mounting under a desk or on the wall of an office or conference room.
- High performance: Cisco 100 Series switches deliver the performance you need to run your business applications -including bandwidth-intensive video services - and avoid slow and sluggish networks. It supports up Gigabit Ethernet speeds, unlocking a new level of capacity and performance inyour business network and letting you transfer large files in seconds.
- Reduced energy costs: Cisco 100 Series switches are designed to help conserve energy by optimizing power use without compromising performance, which protects our environment and reduces your energy costs. In addition, theysupport the Energy Efficient Ethernet (IEEE 802.3az) standard, which reduces energy consumption by monitoring theamount of traffic on an active link and putting the link into a sleep state during quiet periods. Most of the switches have no fans, so they run silently and unobtrusively while lowering energy costs.
- Power-over-Ethernet: Cisco 100 Series switches are available with PoE ports on both Fast Ethernet and Gigabit Ethernet models. This capability simplifies the deployment of IP telephony, wireless, video surveillance, and other solutions by allowing you to connect and power network endpoints over a single Ethernet cable. With no need to install separate power supplies for IP phones or wireless access points, you can take advantage of advanced communications technologies more quickly, and at a lower cost.
- Support for advanced technologies: All switches include advanced Cisco traffic-handling features to keep your applications running at peak performance. Integrated QoS intelligence on all models automatically prioritizes delay-sensitive services such as voice or video to improve your network's performance. Fast store-and-forward switchingidentifies damaged packets and prevents them from being passed on through the network. All of these features run automatically, with no management or configuration required.
- Peace of mind: Cisco 100 Series switches deliver the rock-solid reliability you expect from a Cisco switch. The solution has been rigorously tested to ensure optimal uptimeand performance. In addition, unlike the purchase of a consumer-grade product, your investment in a Cisco Small Business network will grow with your business.
Cisco Limited Lifetime Warranty
Cisco Small Business products offer a limited lifetime hardware warranty with return to factory replacement and a 1-year limited warranty for fans and power supplies. In addition, Cisco offers software application updates for bug fixes, telephone technical, and online chat support at no charge for the first 12 months following the date of purchase. To download software updates, go to:
Product warranty terms and other information applicableto Cisco products are available at ### World-Class Service and Support
Cisco 100 Series switches are backed by the Cisco SmallBusiness Support Service, which provides affordable peace-of-mind coverage. This subscription-based service helps you protect your investment and derive maximum value from Cisco Small Business products. Delivered by Cisco and backed by your trusted partner, this comprehensive service includes software updates and access to the Cisco Small Business Support Center, and it extends technical service tothree years. Cisco Small Business products are supported by professionals in the Cisco Small Business Support Center, a dedicated resource for small business customers and networks, with locations worldwide that are specifically trained to understand your needs. You also have access to extensive technical and product information through the Cisco Small Business Support Community, an online forum thatenables you to collaborate with your peers and reach Cisco technical experts for support information. ### Product Specifications
Table 1 gives the product specifications for the Cisco 100 Series Switches. Table 1. Product Specifications
SF100D-05: 1 Gbps
SF100D-08: 1.6 Gbps
SF100D-08P: 1.6 Gbps
SF100D-16: 3.2 Gbps
SF100-16: 3.2 Gbps
SF100D-16P: 3.2 Gbps
SF100-24: 4.8 Gbps
SF102-24: 8.8 Gbps
SG100D-05: 10 Gbps
SG100D-08: 16 Gbps
SG100D-08P: 16 Gbps
SG100-16: 32 Gbps
SG100-24: 48 Gbps
SG102-24: 48 Gbps
Forwarding rate in million packets per second (mpps) (based on 64-byte packets):
SF100D-05: 0.74 mpps
SF100D-08: 1.4. mpps
S100D-08P: 1.2 mpps
SF100D-16: 1.4 mpps
SF100-16: 1.4 mpps
SF100D-16P: 1.4 mpps
SF100-24: 3.6 mpps
SF102-24: 6.5 mpps
SG100D-05: 7.4 mpps
SG100D-08: 11.9 mpps