Shimano offers a wide variety of shoes to match a range of riding styles. For each of their shoe models, Shimano have developed soles engineered to optimize the desired style of riding. For pro racers seeking maximum power transfer, their competition shoes are equipped with highly rigid soles and stability-enhancing insoles. For the casual hike-and-bike touring enthusiast, Shimano offers shoes featuring more flexible soles and cushioned insoles to provide greater comfort for walking. Shimano footwear is developed using their unique understanding of how the foot interfaces with the shoe and the pedal to optimize comfort and maximize power transfer for smooth and efficient pedalling. Their footwear is System Engineered to function seamlessly with SHIMANO's SPD and SPD-SL pedal platforms to optimize rider performance, efficiency, and comfort for every type of rider and ride.
All Shimano footwear closures are anatomically designed to reduce pressure and tension on the highest points of the foot. By wrapping the foot securely, and in a uniform method, comfort is improved and added power transmission created.
The right shoe for every rider and every ride
Shimano’s AM702 is a versatile downhill/enduro SPD shoe with exceptional pedalling performance.
• Shimano Original compound and patterned sole maximizes grip and durability
• Mesh and TPU upper absorbs little water and dries quickly
• Robust toe cap for additional toe protection
• Asymmetrically raised padded ankle collar and sidewall sole for extra protection
• Pedal channel for stable shoe to pedal platform when not clipped in
• Best pedal match PD-M820, PD-M9120
• Sizes 36-48
• Stiffness Index 6 (2-11)
• 405g (size 420)
• E-bike rated