Next Generation 40 Gb/s Thunderbolt? 3 Dual Thunderbolt? 3 ? The fastest 40Gb/s single-wire connection
Powered by Intel's own Thunderbolt controller the new Thunderbolt? 3 protocol, which is available over two USB Type-C? connectors on the back I/O of the GIGABYTE X299X DESIGNARE 10G, brings an unprecedented single-wire bandwidth of up to 40 Gb/s -- twice more than the previous generation of Thunderbolt! This incredible increase in bandwidth is also accompanied with support for different protocols such as DisplayPort 1.2 and USB 3.2, which is backwards compatible with USB 3.0 and USB 2.0, opening up a world of new possibilities.
Daisy-chain Multiple Devices Support for DisplayPort 1.2 makes Thunderbolt? 3 a must have for any enthusiast. The X299X DESIGNARE 10G is able to support two displays in 4K resolution at 60 FPS or one display in 5K resolution. In addition, Thunderbolt? 3 over USB Type-C? has revolutionary industry-first features such as the ability to daisy-chain up to 12 devices thanks to the X299X DESIGNARE 10G 's dual USB Type-C? ports.
Server-Class Intel® X550-AT2 Dual 10GbE LAN Pre-mounted Server-Class Intel® X550-AT2 provides dual 10 GbE manageable connection for the system, further boosts the communication performance and reliability between clients.
Benefits of Dual 10GbE Connectivity Link Aggregation for Higher Bandwidth.
Higher Fault-Tolerance with Two Independent Internet link.
Separate Internet and Intranet Link to Two Different LAN Port.
AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor
- 4 x PCIe 4.0/3.0 M.2 Slots
- Full PCI Express 4.0 ready Design
- Advanced Thermal Solution for PCIe 4.0 SSD
- Easy Software RAID with Single Click to Get Amazing Performance
- Custom AORUS Storage Manager Supports Intel® Virtual RAID on CPU (Intel® VROC) Bring the system storage bandwidth to an astonishing 128Gbps, utilizing Intel VROC (purchased separately) to create CPU-attached RAID 0/1/5/10 volume further boosts the storage either on performance-wise or integrity-wise.
Full PCIe 4.0 Design
Advanced Thermal Solution AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor equips very advanced thermal solution, including 5.5mm pure copper heatsink, 5cm double ball bearing fan, M.2 SSD baseplate and multiple thermal pads to cool down both sides of 4 M.2 high performance SSD with active cooling. Users can choose 3 different fan profile based on hardware configuration to reach perfect balance of high storage performance and low noise.
AORUS Storage Manager AORUS Storage Manager, a dedicated software for AORUS Gen4 AIC Adaptor, allows users to enable RAID 0 on multiple M.2 SSD in a single click, also monitor overall temperature on SSD and PCB to change different fan profile based on users? hardware configuration.
GIGABYTE 3 x M.2 Thermal Guards GIGABYTE Ultra-Efficient M.2 Thermal Guard With durability in mind, GIGABYTE provides a thermal solution for M.2 SSD devices. The M.2 Thermal Guard prevents throttling and bottlenecks from high speed M.2 SSDs as it helps to dissipate heat before it becomes an issue.
Thermal Throttling As Temperature Rises
New Introduce Intel® WiFi 6 802.11ax + BT 5 Module Intel Wireless solution supports 802.11ax, enables gigabit wireless performance, provides smooth video streaming, better gaming experience, few dropped connections and speeds up to 2.4Gbps*. Moreover, Bluetooth 5 provides 4X range over BT 4.2 and with faster transmission.
Benefit of WiFi 6:
- 5.5X throughput than 802.11ac 1x1*
- 4X better network capacity, no traffic jams especially in those dense area with lots of devices
- Network efficiency increase for better user experience
AORUS Antenna Supports Dual Band with Better WIFI Signal
- All new antenna supported dual band 802.11ax/ac 2.4GHz & 5GHz. Better signal strength compared to traditional antenna design
- AORUS Antenna with smart antenna function for the best WIFI signal transmitting
- Multiple angle tilt and magnetic base for the best signal strength direction and location
USB Type-C? Front Panel Connector Equipped with next generation connectivity GIGABYTE Motherboards already support the chassis of the future. The onboard USB Type-C? header for USB 3.2 Gen2 makes access convenient when connecting a USB 3.2 Gen2 drive or charging your new mobile device.
Native USB 3.2 Gen2
Connecting the Future - USB Type-C? Intel's native USB 3.2 Gen2 provides USB 3.2 Gen2 ports with speeds up to 10Gbps. With twice the bandwidth compared to its previous generation as well as backwards compatibility with USB 2.0 and USB 3.2 Gen1, the much improved USB 3.2 Gen2 protocol is available over the new reversible USB Type-C? and the traditional USB Type-A connector for better compatibility over a wider range of devices.
Connecting the Future - USB Type-C?
- The World's Next Universal Connector
- Reversible USB Type-C? with USB 3.2 Gen 2
USB TurboCharger GIGABYTE patent pending USB TurboCharger technology allows users to recharge their mobile devices with stunning speed, up to 50% in less than 30 minutes*. By connecting Front USB 3.2 Gen1 Type-A cable of chassis to our motherboard, USB TurboCharger can recharge both Android devices with QC 3.0 and Apple devices with Apple Fast-Charge function. *Charge time varies with devices' hardware design, battery size, front USB 3.2 Gen1 cable quality of chassis and environmental factors, actual results will vary.
12 Phases IR Digital VRM Solution with 70A Power Stage To unleash the full power of the new Intel 18 core CPU, the motherboard demands un-precedented strong power solution. GIGABYTE R&Ds selects the best components and never stop pursuing the highest overclock performance. That makes X299X DESIGNARE 10G an un-beatable motherboard in the market.
- 70A IR Power Stage for each vCore Phase
- High current capacity MOSFET
- Lower temperature
- Server level reliability X299X DESIGNARE 10G motherboard adopts an all IR digital CPU power design which includes a digital PWM Controller with Power Stage MOSFET and is capable of providing 70A of power from each phase, for a total of incredible 840A. This 100% digital controller and additional 8+8 Solid-pin CPU Power Connectors offer incredible precision in delivering power to the motherboard's most power-hungry and energy-sensitive components, allowing enthusiasts to get the absolute maximum performance from the new 18-core 10th Gen Intel® Core? X processors.
Re-engineered Thermal Solution With CPU draws bigger power than ever. Thermal solution are pushed to a limit. X299X DESIGNARE 10G features full Board Thermal Protection with Fins-Array and 6mm Balancing Heat Pipes . In order to place full Board Thermal Protection , we try hard to clear a path for it. Furthers, fins-Array Heatsink which increases the heat dissipation area by 300% compared to regular heatsinks of the same size. By using LAIRD 1.5mm thick, 5W/mK high thermal conductivity pad, it transfers 2.7x more heat than regular thermal pads in the same time period. 6mm Heatpipe helps to transfer heat between heatsinks which to get thermal balance more quickly. On the back, we use Nanocarbon coating on baseplate, which leads to 10% cooler MOSFETs.
GIGABYTE's exclusive 2X copper PCIe 4.0 Ready PCBs design provides sufficient power trace paths between components to handle greater than normal power loads and to remove heat from the critical CPU power delivery area. This is essential to ensure the motherboard is able to handle the increased power loading that is necessary when overclocking.
Support for DDR4 to 4333MHz and Beyond GIGABYTE is offering a tested and proven platform that ensures proper compatibility to 4333MHz and beyond.
Smart Fan 5 With Smart Fan 5 users can ensure that their PC can maintain its performance while staying cool. Smart Fan 5 allows users to interchange their fan headers to reflect different thermal sensors at different locations on the motherboard. Not only that, with Smart Fan 5 more hybrid fan headers that support both PWM and Voltage mode fans have been introduced to make the motherboard more liquid cooling friendly.
Hybrid Fan Pin Headers Assume complete control over your liquid cooling setup! Smart Fan 5 receives up-to-the-second information on flow-rate and water-temperature through the Hybrid Fan Pin Headers or external thermistor sensors?giving you absolute mastery over your PC.
- All Hybrid Fan Headers can automatically detect the type of cooling device whether it be fan or pump with different PWM or Voltage mode.
New Smart Fan 5 Software Choose from different modes, Quiet to Full Speed, to match your system usage preferences. For each fan or pump, you can use the intuitive fan curve to define trigger thresholds and corresponding fan speeds.
ALC1220-VB Immersive Gaming ViBes All New Realtek High-End HD Audio Codec ALC1220 120dB(A) SNR HD Audio with Smart Headphone Amp automatically detects impedance of your head-worn audio device, preventing issues such as low volume and distortion. With the new VB series audio controller, stream your voice to the world vibrantly with both front/rear microphone SNR up to 110/114dB(A).
High-End WIMA & Audio Capacitors The DESIGNARE motherboards boast a combination of Hi-Fi grade WIMA FKP2 capacitors and high-end Chemicon audio capacitors. While the high-end audio capacitors are suited for high-grade audio equipment, using state of the art technology to provide rich sound in the bass and clearer high frequencies, the WIMA FKP2 capacitors are being used widely in premium grade Hi-Fi systems. The addition of this to the exclusive AOURS AMP-UP Audio technology makes for the ideal onboard sound solution for the most demanding audiophiles.
DTS :X® Ultra Recreates an authentic, spatially accurate 3D audio experience for gaming over any headphones or speakers. Supports channel-based, scene based and object-based audio. Provides out-of-the-box calibration for a range of headphones and speakers. Provides post-processing enhancements and device level tuning for DTS® codecs. DTS Sound Unbound* leverage Microsoft Spatial, enabling the the most believable, 3D audio experience for games. Immersion through DTS Headphone:X means in the sonic landscape, stationary and moving sounds can be heard from above, below or around the listener. Sounds pass around the listener with amazing externalization and accurate localization. *DTS Sound Unbound needs the latest Windows fixes in the Windows 10, please upgrade your Windows 10 OS to Win10 Build 18898 or later versions.
No More Confusion During In-Game Voice Chat Microphone input with higher front dynamic range allows gamers to hear more clearly. No more misunderstandings, no more confusing GO! GO! GO! as NO! NO! NO!
Integrated I/O Shield Armor Durable Design And Easy Installation With an integrated I/O shield, building a GIGABYTE Ultra Durable PC is even easier and convenient. Users can expect excellent durability with the durable design of the pre-installed I/O shield.
Solid Pin Power Connectors X299X DESIGNARE 10G feature solid plated ATX 24pin & ATX 12V 8pin +8pin power connectors to offer a stable power supply during CPU overloading.
Solid Pin Power connector advantages
- Larger contact area for electricity
- More metal quantity to sustain higher power and generated heat
- Ultra durable and longer lifespan
Ultra Durable? Memory Armor GIGABYTE exclusive one piece stainless steel shielding design prevents against PCB distortion/twisting and plate bending, in addition to preventing any possible ESD interference.
Ultra Durable? PCIe Armor Industry Leading Ultra Durable? PCIe Armor The innovative one piece stainless steel shielding design from GIGABYTE reinforces the PCIe connectors to provide the extra strength required to support heavy graphics cards.
The Industry's Leading LAN Static-Electricity & Surge Protection GIGABYTE motherboards use ICs with up to 3 times the ESD resistance levels compared to traditional ICs. This helps to better protect the motherboard and its components against potential damage caused by static electricity. GIGABYTE motherboards also feature special anti-surge ICs that protect your motherboard, and your PC from any surge in power delivery that may occur, helping to ensure that your PC is equipped to deal with any potentially irregular and inconsistent power delivery.
GIGABYTE Patented Double Locking Bracket
GIGABYTE Patented DualBIOS? Design GIGABYTE Ultra Durable? motherboards feature GIGABYTE DualBIOS?, an exclusive technology from GIGABYTE that protects arguably one of your PC's most crucial components, the BIOS. GIGABYTE DualBIOS? means that your motherboard has both a 'Main BIOS' and a 'Backup BIOS', protecting users from BIOS failure due to virus, hardware malfunction, improper OC settings or power failure during the update process.
RGB Fusion 2.0 Support RGB Lighting Effect in Full Color Personalize your next PC rig to your liking by selecting the color of your choice to illuminate the external RGB light strip.
BIOS New User Interface All new EASY MODE shows important hardware information in one page including CPU clock, Memory, Storage, Fan. My Favorites Add constantly used items into the favorite menu for quick access. Storage Information Show all kinds of storage information including SATA, PCIE and M.2 interface. Changelog List all changes before saving and exiting bios. Quickly review overall settings modification. Optimized Memory Installation Reminder Displays correct installation reminder message when user installs two memory modules but runs single channel mode. Intuitive Load Line Curve Clearly show each loadline calibration setting in an intuitive curve graph.
APP Center GIGABYTE APP CENTER is an useful portal of all GIGABYTE MB utilities and drivers, you can choose any utility you want to install from APP CENTER and keep you updated with latest utilities and drivers version.
EasyTune? GIGABYTE's EasyTune? is a simple and easy-to-use interface that allows users to fine-tune their system settings or adjust system and memory clocks and voltages in a Windows environment. With Smart Quick Boost, one click is all it takes to automatically overclock your system, giving an added performance boost when you need it the most.
System Information Viewer GIGABYTE System Information Viewer is a central location that gives you access to your current system status. Monitor components such as the clocks and processor, set your preferred fan speed profile, create alerts when temperatures get too high or record your system's behavior; these are the possibilities of the System Information Viewer.
CPU Support for Intel® Core? i7-7800X and above X series processors/ Intel® Core? i9 X series processors in the LGA2066 package L3 cache varies with CPU Chipset Intel® X299 Express Chipset Memory Intel® Core? X series 48-lane processors: 8 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 256 GB (32 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory Support for DDR4 4333(O.C.) / 4266(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2933/2666/2400/2133 MHz memory modules Intel® Core? X series 44-lane/28-lane processors: 8 x DDR4 DIMM sockets supporting up to 128 GB (16 GB single DIMM capacity) of system memory Support for DDR4 4200(O.C.) / 4133(O.C.) / 4000(O.C.) / 3866(O.C.) / 3800(O.C.) / 3733(O.C.) / 3666(O.C.) / 3600(O.C.) / 3466(O.C.) / 3400(O.C.) / 3333(O.C.) / 3300(O.C.) / 3200(O.C.) / 3000(O.C.) / 2666/2400/2133 MHz memory modules 4 channel memory architecture Support for non-ECC Un-buffered DIMM memory modules Support for Extreme Memory Profile (XMP) memory modules Onboard Graphics Intel® Thunderbolt? 3 Controller: 2 x Intel® Thunderbolt? 3 connectors (USB Type-C? ports), supporting DisplayPort and Thunderbolt? video outputs and a maximum resolution of 4096x2304@60 Hz
- Because of the limited I/O resources of the PC architecture, the number of Thunderbolt? devices that can be used is dependent on the number of the PCI Express devices being installed. (Refer to Chapter 1-7, "Back Panel Connectors," for more information.)
- Support for DisplayPort 1.2 version. Maximum shared memory of 1 GB Audio Realtek® ALC1220-VB codec
- The back panel line out jack supports DSD audio. High Definition Audio 2/4/5.1/7.1-channel Support for S/PDIF Out LAN Intel® 10GbE LAN chip (10 Gbit/5 Gbit/2.5 Gbit/1 Gbit/100 Mbit), supporting 2 RJ-45 ports Wireless Communication module Wi-Fi 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax, supporting 2.4/5 GHz Dual-Band BLUETOOTH 5.0 Support for 11ax 160MHz wireless standard and up to 2.4 Gbps data rate
- Actual data rate may vary depending on environment and equipment. Expansion Slots Intel® Core? X series 48-lane processors: 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2) 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x8 (PCIEX8_1, PCIEX8_2)
- The PCIEX8_1 slot shares bandwidth with the M2M connector. The PCIEX8_1 slot operates at up to x4 mode when an SSD is installed in the M2M connector. Intel® Core? X series 44-lane processors: 2 x PCI Express x16 slots, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1, PCIEX16_2) 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX8_2) 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX8_1)
- The PCIEX8_1 slot shares bandwidth with the M2M connector. The PCIEX8_1 slot becomes unavailable when an SSD is installed in the M2M connector. Intel® Core? X series 28-lane processors: 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x16 (PCIEX16_1) 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x8 (PCIEX16_2) 1 x PCI Express x16 slot, running at x4 (PCIEX8_1)
- The PCIEX8_1 slot shares bandwidth with the M2M connector. The PCIEX8_1 slot becomes unavailable when an SSD is installed in the M2M connector. (All of the PCI Express slots conform to PCI Express 3.0 standard.) Multi-Graphics Technology S upport for NVIDIA® Quad-GPU SLI? and 2-Way NVIDIA® SLI? technologies S upport for AMD Quad-GPU CrossFire? and 2-Way AMD CrossFire? technologies Storage Interface CPU: 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2260/2280/22110 PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2M) Chipset: 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2P) 1 x M.2 connector (Socket 3, M key, type 2242/2260/2280 SATA and PCIe x4/x2 SSD support) (M2Q) 6 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 0, 1, 4, 5, 6, 7) Support for RAID 0, RAID 1, RAID 5, and RAID 10
- The M2M connector must work with an Intel® VROC Upgrade Key to support RAID configuration.
- Refer to "1-9 Internal Connectors," for the installation notices for the PCIEX8_1, M.2, and SATA connectors. Intel® Optane? Memory Ready
- Only Intel® Core? X series 48-lane processors support Intel® Optane? Memory. Intel® VROC Ready ASMedia® SATA 6Gb/s controller: 2 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors (SATA3 2, 3), supporting AHCI mode only USB Chipset+Intel® Thunderbolt? 3 Controller: 2 x USB Type-C? ports on the back panel, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support Chipset+ASMedia® USB 3.2 Gen 2 controller: 1 x USB Type-C? port with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support, available through the internal USB header Chipset+Genesys USB 3.2 Gen 1 hub: 3 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports on the back panel Chipset: 5 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports (1 port on the back panel, 4 ports available through the internal USB headers) 2 x USB 2.0/1.1 ports available through the internal USB header Internal I/O Connectors 1 x 24-pin ATX main power connector 2 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connectors 1 x VGA_PW power connector 1 x CPU fan header 1 x water cooling CPU fan header 4 x system fan headers 2 x system fan/water cooling pump headers 2 x addressable LED strip headers 2 x RGB LED strip headers 3 x M.2 Socket 3 connectors 8 x SATA 6Gb/s connectors 1 x Intel® VROC Upgrade Key header 1 x front panel header 1 x front panel audio header 1 x USB Type-C? header, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 headers 1 x USB 2.0/1.1 header 1 x Trusted Platform Module (TPM) header (2x6 pin, for the GC-TPM2.0_S module only) 1 x noise detection header 1 x Clear CMOS jumper 1 x power button 1 x reset button 1 x Clear CMOS button 2 x temperature sensor headers 2 x BIOS switches Back Panel Connectors 2 x DisplayPort In ports 2 x Thunderbolt? 3 connectors (USB Type-C? ports, with USB 3.2 Gen 2 support) 2 x SMA antenna connectors (2T2R) 4 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports 2 x RJ-45 ports 1 x optical S/PDIF Out connector 5 x audio jacks I/O Controller iTE®I/O Controller Chip H/W Monitoring Voltage detection Temperature detection Fan speed detection Water cooling flow rate detection Overheating warning Fan fail warning Fan speed control
- Whether the fan (pump) speed control function is supported will depend on the fan (pump) you install. Noise detection BIOS 2 x 128 Mbit flash Use of licensed AMI UEFI BIOS Support for DualBIOS? PnP 1.0a, DMI 2.7, WfM 2.0, SM BIOS 2.7, ACPI 5.0 Unique Features Support for APP Center
- Available applications in APP Center may vary by motherboard model. Supported functions of each application may also vary depending on motherboard specifications. @BIOS AutoGreen Cloud Station EasyTune Easy RAID Fast Boot Game Boost Platform Power Management RGB Fusion Smart Backup Smart Keyboard Smart Survey System Information Viewer USB Blocker USB TurboCharger Support for Q-Flash Plus Support for Q-Flash Support for Xpress Install Bundled Software Norton® Internet Security (OEM version) cFosSpeed XSplit Gamecaster + Broadcaster (12 months license) Operating System Support for Windows 10 64-bit Form Factor E-ATX Form Factor; 30.5cm x 27.5cm