Wound, Ostomy and Continence Management : Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nurses Society Core Curriculum
Publication Date: 25 September 2015
This volume in the new Core Curriculum series from the WOCN (R) Society covers Continence Management, and is the crucial text for nurses practicing or studying fecal and urinary continence care.
It offers pathology and physiology basics in easy-to-grasp terms, while providing expert guidance on patient management. The perfect study guide for the wound, ostomy and continence (WOC) certification exams, it also provides step-by-step direction on essential nursing procedures.
Let this evidence-based guide lead you through all of the vital nursing topics, Official guide for students in Wound, Ostomy and Continence Nursing Education Programs Easy-to-follow format offers you easy-to-remember definitions for vital topics, including:
- Overview of urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction
- Physiology of normal defecation and voiding
- Motility disorders, fecal incontinence, and bowel dysfunction in pediatric patients
- Step-by-step instruction leads you through care planning and delivery, including management of voiding dysfunction and urinary incontinence in both men and women
- End-of-chapter Q&As help you remember all vital points
- Clinical pearls highlight important takeaways
- Numerous full-color photos, diagrams, and tables aid understanding of vital topics
Practical directions cover: - Assessment of UI and lower urinary tract symptoms
- Appropriate use of containment devices, absorbent products, and indwelling catheters
- Basic and advanced assessments of patients with urinary incontinence and voiding dysfunction
- Overactive bladder/urgency UI and fecal incontinence
- pathology, presentation, diagnosis, and managemen...